How are the Deluxe verandah suites on Amsterdam (cabin 7050) ?

labrador2

Hi HAL Cruisers,

Advice please:

I have an opportunity to book a deluxe verandah suite on the Amsterdam in August to Alaska. Cabin # 7050. Has anyone ever sailed in it? I know that the suites are underneath the pool area. Is there a noise problem there?

We are a faily of 4 with two teens..any thoughts on that? Have cruised Princess, RCCL, and Disney many times. First time on HAL!

We stayed in a suite right in the area of 7050 on the Amsterdam 6 years ago. Can't remember the cabin #. I don't recall hearing any noise above us at anytime. Since it is Alaska, there aren't a lot of people out near the pool area in the evening. You will love the suite!

Diane

Hi HAL Cruisers,

Advice please:

I have an opportunity to book a deluxe verandah suite on the Amsterdam in August to Alaska. Cabin # 7050. Has anyone ever sailed in it? I know that the suites are underneath the pool area. Is there a noise problem there?

We are a faily of 4 with two teens..any thoughts on that? Have cruised Princess, RCCL, and Disney many times. First time on HAL!

We have stayed in Deluxe Verandah Suites on the Amsterdam, but not 7050. You may hear some noise when the Lido deck is being cleaned and chairs are moved around, but it's never been enough to disturb us. You may feel differently. Cabin 7050 has a shower only, no bathtub. Is that OK for you? Also, you are a fair distance from the Neptune Lounge. Since you have teens, you might find it more convenient to be a little closer, because of all the food and beverages (non-alcoholic only) offered there throughout the day. Just my suggestion.

My family and I greatly enjoy the amenities of the Deluxe Verandah Cabins on HAL, but we have never cruised with more than three in a cabin. However, I know others here have cruised with two teens in a Deluxe Verandah Suite, and did just fine.

What are your expectations for HAL?

I can't speak to that specific cabin but we are a family of four with 2 teens and we always get a deluxe verandah suite cabin. I know lots of folks recommend getting 2 cabins so the kids have their own room and so you have 2 bathrooms, but we really enjoy the amenities of the Neptune Lounge and the concierge service (I'm in danger of being flamed as being snooty here) and would rather have that service than the extra bathroom. The rooms are also bigger. Of course, I have 2 boys so it's not like they are taking forever to get ready in the bathroom. We had the disabled room last year with only a shower and no tub and we didn't miss the tub at all.

I can't speak to that specific cabin but we are a family of four with 2 teens and we always get a deluxe verandah suite cabin. I know lots of folks recommend getting 2 cabins so the kids have their own room and so you have 2 bathrooms, but we really enjoy the amenities of the Neptune Lounge and the concierge service (I'm in danger of being flamed as being snooty here) and would rather have that service than the extra bathroom. The rooms are also bigger. Of course, I have 2 boys so it's not like they are taking forever to get ready in the bathroom. We had the disabled room last year with only a shower and no tub and we didn't miss the tub at all.

I don't think a desire for the finer things in life is "snooty". But it's funny because I found myself wondering whether or not I should tell anyone I was in a deluxe in my roll call. I didn't want anyone to think I was rubbing their nose in it. In reality, this cruise was a splurge to celebrate a special occasion, normally I'd be down in "steerage".

As far as the noise, I worry a little about it too and made it a point not to book the cabin below where the ping pong table usually is :D. But I also heard to be careful about the Terrace Grill and the Aft pool and the Lido pool and on and on.....in the end HAL is not the sort of line that has a huge issue with late night revelers so I think its a moot point.

Archived