Transportation from WDW to Port?

crzgrl66

We are a family of 5. Our plan is to go to WDW first and then cruise on RCCL out of Port Canveral. Any suggestions on transportation to port and the costs?

Google Port Canaveral private limo services. $150 or less one way. Or if you are willing to do the extra work....have whatever rental car company that is located at WDW bring a car that fits 5 and luggage (a van I would guess) to your hotel...then drive the straight road east to the port....drop the family off and then drop the car off and have the shuttle drive just YOU back.$75 or so for a one way rental.

For my 2 cents, the limo/van picks us up at the hotel and drops us and our stuff off at the port...we wave good bye to him .....and reconfirm their pick up of us the following week. Don't prepay the return service if you are going during hurricane season.

groud transportation is just an extra cost that needs to be swallowed. You are staying on a DW property right, they at least will get you from airport to DW for no extra cost.

Here's what we did in December.

We told Disney's Magical Express we had a flight time at the airport so we got our complimentary ride back to the airport from the Disney resort. Then we told Royal Caribbean to pick us up at the airport. I'm not sure what that fee was because my parents gave the cruise part of our trip plus transfers to us as a Christmas present.

Sorry MellowMel - but you never want to pay for Cruise Transfers when it's for a fam of 5. The transfers start at $65pp. Take that times 5 and the price is not cost effective. ;)

crzgirl66 - We just discussed this issue (sort of) on this thread here...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=964170

It almost the same situation. For WDW, if you are staying at a Disney resort, then you take the Free Magic Express bus from airport to resort. Then what I do, I have a private towncar with driver pick us up at the hotel on the day of the cruise. The prices used to be $180 round trip, they are starting to creep closer to $200/$230 round trip. I personally use Florida Towncar service.

So Florida Towncar (holds up to 5 people) picks us up at the hotel - 45 minutes later we are at the port. Then when we come back into port on the last day, they are waiting to pick us up and take us back to the airport.

Like I said - it was $180 when we first started using them a couple of years ago. It's now $200 for a town car (up to 5 people). But when we had 8 people, they picked us up in a van and it was $230.

You could drive to the port. That would mean someone picking up the car at the rental company, driving to the hotel to get the rest of the family. Driving 45 minutes, dropping the car off at the port rental location (use Budget or Avis), then shuttle back to the port. And do it all over again on the way home. I can tell you, for the kids this is TIRING. But it can be done for about $80 each way. But you do have to fill up the gas.

Archived