airport to pier timing...

voyager22

yah i saw that the admission is a 2-day pass. thats pretty cool. you didn't find it boring? there were interactive parts to it too?

we're currently in the process of trying to fix the flight schedule. so if all goes well, then i'll see about taking 2-day post cruise stay for KSC.

another question - if you've put down a deposit for the cruise, is it too late to back out and head for another cruise? is there a charge for cancellation?

You're sailing on Freedom - right? Here's the info from Royal Caribbean's website. If the August 1st date is right, you can call your TA and change to another sailing without any penalty ... but I don't know about the airfare portion. Worth talking to them & seeing what can be done. Good luck!

You will get a full refund if you notify us in writing 70 days prior to your sailing date (60 days for 3 & 4-night cruises or 90 days for holiday sailings). Consult the chart below to determine the cancellation charges applicable later.

Note: No refunds will be made if you do not show up for your cruise or if you interrupt or cancel your vacation once it has begun.

When calculating the days prior to sailing, the day of sailing should not be considered as one of the days. The day of sailing is considered the first day of the cruise, therefore, the penalty period will commence one day prior to the day of sailing.

This cancellation policy applies when reserving with our US Office only. Guests should contact their local Royal Caribbean International Office or Travel Agent for full details of applicable cancellation policies.

6-9 night cruises

70+ days out - no charges

69-30 days out - deposit amount

29-8 days out - 50% of total price (taxes & fees excluded)*

7 days or less - no refund except for taxes and fees

To the OP, Pay the fee and change the flight times that is too close.

Changing to a car service could take longer. you would have to go out and find them and sometimes they are not there since they can't park at the airport and you have to call and wait while they make it in to the pick up area. all this takes time.

Even with expedia there should be some way to change flights and pay a change fee. I found that you have the best result with that if you contact the airline directly as long as you have your booking locator number for the airline and your ticket number you can do that, they will change it for you at the stated change fee even when expedia says no changes allowed.

It is certainly worth a try.

I agree! That is way too close. What if your plane is delayed? What if there is an accident on the highway( there is only 1 route from MCO to the port). You should fly in the day before, otherwise you might just show up to the pier to see the ship sailing away from the dock.

thanks Janine for the info. I asked b/c our original cruise was gonna be the Liberty of the Seas, going to the same ports, just a week later and cheaper (from miami). But im having trouble contacting my TA - she's constantly with clients - to change the flight info. If i can cancel it all together without charge (not sure about flight, again) then i will.

i contacted air canada - they said only my TA can change things. the rep looked at the contract on the system and wasn't sure why i was told the flight couldn't be changed. the fee is $75 to change it. so i'm hoping i can change it to get in a day earlier.

househunter - no, i would hate that. i would cry if the ship left us.

update: i'm this close to changing my flight! after a long negotiation, and being more forceful about it to my TA (who remember said under no circumstances can she change it). its another $223 ($73/passenger) to change the flight to a day earlier...small price to pay i suppose.

Lesson learned if i can change it successfully! *fingers crossed*

if i do change it, then i'm cancelling the $213 ground transfer and will instead use that money for a 1 night hotel stay & shuttle to the pier. Sound good to you guys? (im talkin like you're comin with me heheh)

so it was another $300 something to change the flight for all 3 of us.:eek:..aye aye aye!!! but we're not taking the $213 transfer so i guess in a way it almost cancels out?? :rolleyes:

anyone know of any hotels near the pier that include a cheap shuttle to the pier? I was on that site that listed cocoa ebach hotels, but it didn't explicitly say if shuttles were provided.

TIA,

so it was another $300 something to change the flight for all 3 of us.:eek:..aye aye aye!!! but we're not taking the $213 transfer so i guess in a way it almost cancels out?? :rolleyes:

anyone know of any hotels near the pier that include a cheap shuttle to the pier? I was on that site that listed cocoa ebach hotels, but it didn't explicitly say if shuttles were provided.

TIA,

Glad you got that sorted out! It never hurts to be a bit forceful :)

As to hotels with cheap or free shuttles, I can't help you there but I would bet that someone in your roll call could help you out. I suspect the Radisson at the Port has a cheap or free shuttle, but can't say for sure.

Here's a link to the Freedom roll calls. Just find your date and you can get all kinds of info there from those who will be sailing with you.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=261

I started a thread for aug/16 b/c i didn't see any other one. yesterday i found one, but only 2 ppl had replied. How could no1 be going on this cruise! lol

There are a lot of early & late august cruisers but hardly any on aug/16.

I've read a lot of other posts and heard Radisson was a popular one.

Thanks for all your help ;)

yah i saw that the admission is a 2-day pass. thats pretty cool. you didn't find it boring? there were interactive parts to it too?

we're currently in the process of trying to fix the flight schedule. so if all goes well, then i'll see about taking 2-day post cruise stay for KSC.

another question - if you've put down a deposit for the cruise, is it too late to back out and head for another cruise? is there a charge for cancellation?

Oh, no...I couldn't even come close to having anything bad at all to say about it. I left there with tears in my eyes thinking about all the how proud I was of my country. There are a lot of walk through tours and a couple of 3D movies. Whatever you do, don't miss the Space Shuttle Simulator. It's a $40 million ride. (They're not allowed to call it a ride, that's just my take on it.) Another thing I wouldn't miss is the Astronaut chat. Everyday at some point, the Astronauts come out and talk to everyone. We weren't there at the right time on either day, and we missed out on it, but our bus tour guide said that it was a shame we missed them. Apparently, they are very friendly and just glad to tell you their adventures and answer any questions. I didn't think it was crowded when we went, but there were hundreds of people there. We had a couple from somewhere in England in our group, and we saw some German groups and a couple of Chinese groups. The bus tours take you as close as you can get to the launch pads. Atlantis was on the pad when we were there, but the launch was a couple of weeks after we left. The Space center is also located in the middle of a nature preserve. We saw 2 or 3 Bald Eagle nests, got up close and personal with an alligator, and saw some turtles at the viewing area for the launch pad. I'd like to go back some day. You'll be thrilled if you enjoy it even half as much as I did.

While both arrivals are tight they are not impossible assuming your flights are on time.

To the OP who arrives at 12:45 for a 4 pm departure, understand that you really only have until 3 I think, new rules from Homeland Secruity say you have to be on board 1 hour (maybe more) before sailing. Double check that.

I would fly standby on the earliest flight that day -- no fees.

To the person flying to San Juan arriving at 2 -- you have more wiggle room than the OP but I would also try to fly standby on the earlier flight if you can.

As others have said, flying in the night before is always the safest course.

Trevy, is that the simulator thats turns you about every which way?? im afriad of that stuff - i cant even do those at the carnivals! Talking to the astranouts would be really cool!! Do you get to take pics of urself with thei space helmet on or something?? lol

Trish, i changed the flights already but thanks for your comments!

Archived