Feedback on My Time Family Dining

I'd still like to try it again on the Serenade,

Did MTD on the Serenade last year, Panama Canal Transit, table of four sometimes more, could not fault anything or anybody, different table mates always polite & interesting, the Maitre D,

assistant & serve staff could not do enough to please, could choose any table, any size, any time, as long as we pre-booked the evening before as we were leaving the dining room. Usualy we went for a time in-between first & second sitting about 7:00pm, at that time we were still involved in all the usual singing & dancing associated with first sitting. Sailing IOS this Oct & have not booked MTD, hope we get a good table!! without MTD what you get is what you have to put up with the entire cruise.

You could show up for main dining at 7 and be served at your own table. The people at the table next to ours always came in late and our waiters liked it because it split their workload. They said any time up to 7:30 can be accomodated. We were on Independence: great ship and fantastic food.

The kids enjoyed their Johnny Rocket dinner as well but it was usually on formal night and one other night. If those night's don't work out for you to go to Chops, you can make 7:00 reservations and drop your DC off and then go to dinner which also works well.

Thanks so much for the info -- very helpful!

We booked the second formal night at Chops, which is also the night that adventure club goes to Johnny Rockets. One formal night in the dining room is enough for us. :)

We just got off Majesty last week and did MDT every night. We reserved a table for 4 at 7:30 each night and had a great experience. The wait staff was amazing-we felt like they really got to know us and our preferences. We would not want to go back to assigned seating again.

DH and I are sailing w/ our 6-yo DS on the Mariner on 5/31. We have an early dining reservation in the dining room but I would love to hear some feedback on the MTFD program from those who have used it.

TIA.

(cross-post; also posted on the family board.)

I read elsewhere that you are not able to see the shows in the dining room if you do MTD is that true?

• 3 months later...
False we saw every show!

Hello Barb, I agree with you that MTD is even better than the regular fixed time dining because you can choose your time. :rolleyes: The dinner times for MTD are the same as for regular time dining. The great thing is that you can vary the times each day. We had MTD on the Brilliance in Mar/Apr and it was great.

Gerry

Amen! We like the concept of MTD but not on the IOS. It was horrible! We were 4 adults and 2 teens and I think we gave it a fair shot. After 2 tries we ate the rest of our meals in the Windjammer, delicious food and the nicest waiter! He remembered us and sat us in his area each night, remembered the teens liked hot chocolate after dinner and brought it each night without asking :-)

Archived