Inspiration or Glory?

mom24girlz

I went on my first cruise last Nov. aboard Glory (with my daughters) and absolutely fell in love with cruising. I am about to book a second cruise, but this time with my hubby and am trying to decide if I should try another boat or stick with the one that started my romance with the sea. lol I live in the Tampa area so Inspiration would be closer, but then again Glory is not really that far away. I loved 7 days, but think 5 would be ok also. I know that only I can really answer this question, but what would you more experienced folks suggest. This is also a tough decision because I am wanting my husband to get hooked also.:) TIA!

I went on my first cruise last Nov. aboard Glory (with my daughters) and absolutely fell in love with cruising. I am about to book a second cruise, but this time with my hubby and am trying to decide if I should try another boat or stick with the one that started my romance with the sea. lol I live in the Tampa area so Inspiration would be closer, but then again Glory is not really that far away. I loved 7 days, but think 5 would be ok also. I know that only I can really answer this question, but what would you more experienced folks suggest. This is also a tough decision because I am wanting my husband to get hooked also.:) TIA!
Why not take the Legend out of Tampa ? 7 nights and fun. Really good itin....;)

Why not take the Legend out of Tampa ? 7 nights and fun. Really good itin....;)

My vote. We LOVED the Legend. That way, you get to try a slightly smaller ship (Spirit is in between Fantasy and Conquest Class) and it still has the supper club for a nice romantic evening or two. Also LOVE the western ports.

Thanks for the suggestion. Somehow I overlooked the fact that the Legend leaves from Tampa. I have read some of the member reviews on it and I think that is what we may do. I am sure I will be back with more questions.

We were very disappointed with the Inspiration. If there is a choice, choose the Legend.

The Inspiration is, I'm sure, cheaper and a shorter cruise but it is older and smaller. There are some good things about it, of course, but we won't be sailing on the Inspiration again.

Whatever you choose, have a great time!

your decision...........have cruised Glory 4 times and next month will be my fifth............we just like the convience of our flight schedule.................myself? I would prefer the 7 day cruise............

Going on the Inspiration for the 2nd time in November! Nice ship!

Had a great time on the Inspiration, but the Fantasy class ships are glitzy, like las vegas glitzy. I think the Legend (spirit class) or Glory are a little bit more classy. Depends on what you are looking for. I'd go with the Legend out of Tampa or the Glory out of Port Canaveral. I'm booked on the Legend for September. 7 days beats 5 days for me anytime.

Before I booked the Legend, I was trying to decide between the Legend and the Glory. Someone gave me this link to pictures of the Legend and I liked what I saw. Also, I liked that the Legend is a bit smaller. This link may help you decide since you already know what the glory looks like.

http://www.beyondships.com/CarnivalLegend-Tour-1.html

If you are going for a cheap OV room, go for the Inspiration. I have been on the Glory twice and have done other conquest class ships as well as teh Fantasy class ships Elation (twice) and Ecstacy. The Fantasy class ships are pretty cool in my book. They feel a lot less crowded than ships like the Glory, smaller line at the slide (don't they have the slide renovations done on the Inspiration?) plus the ocean is more accessible- you can eat outside the buffet with a view of the ocean.

Archived