Ironing Boards

Not sure about the Serenade, but I've been told that all RCCL ships do not have self service laundry (including ironing). I give all of my stuff to the steward to have dry cleaned. It isn't expensive and it sure saves time ironing before you pack.

There are no irons or ironing boards on any RCCL for the passengers to use. No self serve laundry facilities either.

Just incase you want to have things ironed.

I believe the cost for same day service is 50% more.

SHIPBOARD LAUNDRY SERVICE

* All prices are in US. Dollars and are subject to change without notice.

Men

Shirt/T-Shirt: $2.50

Shirt (dress): $3.00

Underwear: $1.20

Jeans: $3.00

Pajamas: $4.00

Handkerchief: $0 .75

Shorts: $2.50

Bathrobe: $3.50

Pants (wash): $3.50

Sweatshirt: $3.00

Socks: $1.00

Women

Blouse: $3.50

Dress (wash): $5.00

Skirt: $3.50

Nightgown: $3.00

Swimsuit: $2.00

Slip: $2.50

Housecoat: $3.50

Hosiery: $1.00

Slacks: $3.50

PRESS ONLY - 50% of cleaning prices

SHIPBOARD DRY CLEANING SERVICES

* All prices are in US. Dollars and are subject to change without notice.

Men

Suit: $7.00

Pants: $4.25

Jacket: $4.50

Tie: $2.00

Shirt: $3.50

Shorts: $3.00

Silk Pajamas: $4.50

Vest: $2.50

Sweater: $4.00

Coat: $7.00

Women

Evening Gown: $8.00

Dress: $7.00

Silk Blouse: $5.00

Silk Dress: $8.00

Suit: $7.50

Blouse: $4.00

Skirt: $4.50

Scarf: $2.50

PRESS ONLY - 50% of cleaning prices

Not sure about the Serenade, but I've been told that all RCCL ships do not have self service laundry (including ironing). I give all of my stuff to the steward to have dry cleaned. It isn't expensive and it sure saves time ironing before you pack.

I second that!!!! We (I) ironed everything before we left... what a terrible task.... and ended up sending it out to be pressed on the ship anyways. It was very inexpensive when compared to the beer I drank trying to iron all DH's shirts etc before our cruise!!!!! :eek: Never again. Throw 'em in the suitcase wrinkled!!!!!!!

You know, some people would rather do a quick load of laundry on a sea day than (1) pay $1.20 per pair of undies (!) to have them washed at the ship's laundry or (2) pack enough clothing for every day and every possibility. (Not to mention those of us who have allergies and can't use just any laundry detergent or who have lots of stuff that needs to hang to dry--how exactly do I get them to separate that in a huge laundry facility?)

Frankly, I'd rather take 20 or 30 minutes to do touch up ironing while unpacking than pay to send it out. That would be my preference. This does not mean that I or others want to make the beds, scrub the floors, clean the galley, etc. Why must some of us always go to the extreme here? (Yes, I know you're all "winking" like it's a joke, but c'mon--it's the same thing every time: if you want to do a load of laundry, you must be crazy and don't understand how you should behave on a vacation.)

Also, let me be the first to bring up this "flammable" topic: why aren't curling irons/hot rollers and matches/cigarettes/lighters banned as a "safety" issue?

beachchick

Also, let me be the first to bring up this "flammable" topic: why aren't curling irons/hot rollers and matches/cigarettes/lighters banned as a "safety" issue?beachchick

Imagine the problems they would have if ladies couldn't fix their hair or the smokers took their money elsewhere.

Archived