What are the MUST SEE places in montego bay/cozumel/grand caymen

salter6826

Please tell me what were your favorite places to see in W. carribean? Im looking for beaches or other beautiful must see places in the following locations: Cozumel mexico, montego bay jamaica, and grand cayman islands. Looking for places that are not crowded with people.

thanks you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In Cozumel, Paradise Beach is nice. It usually isn't too crowded and has nice chairs and nice waters to swim/ snorkel.

Grand Cayman's 7 mile beach is nice. You can grab a taxi who can drop you off at a nice resort with access to the beach. Better than that in Grand Cayman, however, is Stingray City which I highly recommend. Captain Marvin Tours has a great shore excursion where you go to the sand bars and swim/ snorkel with the stingrays. The tours through the ship are fine also but a little more crowded. It is an amazing thing to do that also leaves enough time to shop, eat, or hang at the beach if you wish.

I have no suggestions for Montego Bay as I am not a big fan of that particular port. My only advice is to stay with a ship tour or excursion and not to venture off on your own. The people there can be somewhat abrasive and pushy.

We are beach people, any recommendation for nice beaches with great food in the area??

I second Paradise Beach for Cozumel - we had THE most relaxing day there a few months ago. Fantastic guac /chips / salsa (HUGE portions) and drinks.....great music....clean restrooms and changing area.....beautiful water and sand -- perfection!

We took a taxi - they keep taxis lined up at the beach area for return to the ship - not a problem getting back.

• 1 month later...

Cayman Islands - Swimming with the Sting rays. This always the first to sell out. I am going back to Cayman in a week and doing the same excursion again. I already paid the shore excursion in advance.

Cozumel - Paradise Beach seems over rated. I did not think it was all that fantastic. Panchos located in the pier has killer margaritas. I would return back to Cozumel just for that. As you get off the ship, head to the shops in the port and to the left is Pancho's. You wont be disappointed.

This time I am booking a shore excursion to Punte Sur. You off road in a dune buggy before you head there and the snorkeling is supposed to be the best.

Archived