White Water Rafting water Temp

amy2313

Anyone know what the water temp is (approximately) on the rivers where the white water rafting is done?? My sister gets cold VERY easily and we just wanted to be prepared.

Thanks.

I think she will be so busy physically, she won't really notice the water temp.

I have no answer but I understand. My daughter made everyone miserable in Belize tubing because she was cold. Nobody else noticed. I would like to know also, we are going in Sept, without the daughter :)

It was chilly - I have no idea what the actual temp was, but definately chilly.

• 2 weeks later...

We just went white water rafting last week, the water was not cold, we were afraid that it would be but that was not the case. The air temp was high 80's to low 90's so the water felt really good. Our raft did not flip but we still were soaked. Only one raft flipped the day we went, I think people did not paddle very well because they lost people 2 times. We would def do this excursion again.

Thanks so much for this info. One more thing - Is there a place to put your stuff while you go out on the raft?

We went with Oscar Brown, and we left our items on the bus with him. They have a waterproof bag (of sorts) on the raft, but they will tell you ahead of time that if you chose to put items in it, they won't be responsible if they are lost or broken.

• 1 month later...

I hate the cold, but I didn't think it was bad. It was so exciting that you don't even notice. There was one part where we were able to climb up a cliff and jump into the river. It was refreshing, colder than I'm used to, but it felt great!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived