Just off Freedom...W. Caribbean 4/5-4/11

jbroons

We were on the same cruise!! Been on carnival before and this ship did not disappoint!!!!

Only one small problem......our aft cabin was located close to a door that led to a staircase used by the staff to smoke........could smell it in the hallway on occassion. But, that was the one and only complaint about the ship!!

Jbroon will tell you about the preferential docking that we had at every port!!! In the Caymans, only 3 out of 5 ships were able to tender, and we were one of them!!! We also got the better docks in Key West and Jamaica.

All the meals in the Posh dining rooms were superb......and yes, the melting cake is addictive!!!

We were on the same cruise!! Been on carnival before and this ship did not disappoint!!!!

Only one small problem......our aft cabin was located close to a door that led to a staircase used by the staff to smoke........could smell it in the hallway on occassion. But, that was the one and only complaint about the ship!!

Jbroon will tell you about the preferential docking that we had at every port!!! In the Caymans, only 3 out of 5 ships were able to tender, and we were one of them!!! We also got the better docks in Key West and Jamaica.

All the meals in the Posh dining rooms were superb......and yes, the melting cake is addictive!!!

B...feel free to add things that I forget. For example, the Grand Cayman preferential docking is something that I would have forgotten...but that was VERY important!! Only three of six ships were able to visit GC due to weather...Thank you! Help me with things that I miss; afterall, you are a teacher!;)

Day 3 April 7th 2009 Relaxing & Fun Day at Sea

OK....I'll try this again. I completed this earlier but CC had some "problem" and it was, alas, lost. Anyway...

We slept in and went to breakfast...Open seating in the Posh dining room. I tortured Shannon & Kyra, my girls, by sitting at a table with six other people (hehe)...met a very nice British couple then...made my girls gag:D. Anyway, it was nice to be served breakfast...very relaxing!! The wait staff was excellent---very courteous and efficient. We had eggs benedict, sausage, pancakes, waffles & assorted fresh fruit all around....excellent!

We then made our way to Lido where the Chair Hogs were out in full force. We walked around the main Lido area three times and no chairs were to be had......70% had either towels, books or flip-flops on them. I didn't want to watch the lounges for 30 minutes to kick them off (I did the next sea day however...it was fun) so we went up & aft to the running track. It was also packed but I found tied-up, stacked chairs by the back railing so I untied them, grabbed three and placed them near the track area near the shuffle board (actually a bit on the track but I didn't care at this point). We lotioned-up, high-fived, cranked the iPods and relaxed for a while. I then got a DOD and went to the Internet Cafe to check on a few things at home...the Cafe is tucked into a corner of the Habana Bar...easy to miss! Online directions were next to each terminal with rates applied to S & S cards etc..

We just grabbed pizza from Lido deck aft for lunch.....very good---even the crust!! They have like seven different kinds of pizza (cheese, margherita, pepperoni, sausage, etc.) and it's obviously available 24 hours a day.

Dinner @ 6:00 in Chic (did I say that we were at table #133?) was again excellent....we had caesar salads, tiger shrimp, minestrone soup, lobster tail, steak and, yes, warm chocolate melting cake. Kyra said that the wcmc was getting better each night....."cakier" she said and, apart from the terminology, I totally agreed. the first two nights it was more syrupy and, indeed, it became "cakier". Anyway, another great meal in Chic.

We then went to the International Lounge to watch the R 18+ performance by comedian JR McCollom....the incredible thing was the tremendous loud disco music that came from the adjoining lounge (70s?)...it was very distracting not to mention rude to JR...he was very funny though!! At one point, this really drunk tall blonde woman, apparently alone, walked onstage to give JR a hug. He ran into the audience on the other side of the stage and actually held-up a stool as if he was fending-off a lion (perhaps a COUGAR)...she wouldn't leave the stage until the audience "motivated" her to do so. When she went back to where she was sitting the people there "filled" her seat in so she couldn't fit. She just stood there swaying back & forth....it was actually pretty uncomfortable!! She was apparently also in the piano bar earlier making a fool of herself there, I heard! Anyway, enough!!

Back to #7322 to sleep with balcony door wide open dreaming of our next day in Grand Cayman!!

More to come...

I am VERY happy you had such a wonderful first cruise!! Love reading the enthusiasm in your review. Getting me excited, one week to go. :D

Thank you----I am very excited for you.....and yet somewhat sad that ours is over!! You will have an incredible time on the Riviera with your Looter friends!!;) YAY! BTW...5 hours, 23 minutes & 52 seconds for you!!

Thank you----I am very excited for you.....and yet somewhat sad that ours is over!! You will have an incredible time on the Riviera with your Looter friends!!;) YAY! BTW...5 hours, 23 minutes & 52 seconds for you!!

You are right, worst part of a cruise is the sadness when it is over:( But, ahhhhh, the memories will always bring a smile to your face.:D

Am anxious for the Looter reunion!!

You are right, worst part of a cruise is the sadness when it is over:( But, ahhhhh, the memories will always bring a smile to your face.:D

Am anxious for the Looter reunion!!

So right....have a great cruise!! (but no jello shots now)!!;)

Thanks for the great review! I have really enjoyed hearing about each day so far! Makes me very excited for what is to come...I sail on Freedom from Ft. Lauderdale on the 31st of May, and will be getting married in Key West. :)

Looking forward to hearing about the rest of your week!

Thanks for the great review! I have really enjoyed hearing about each day so far! Makes me very excited for what is to come...I sail on Freedom from Ft. Lauderdale on the 31st of May, and will be getting married in Key West. :)

Looking forward to hearing about the rest of your week!

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!! You will love Freedom....she's amazing!

Thanks! The more I read about Freedom on these boards, the more excited I get!! :)

Congrats!!!! & enjoy! How exciting for you!!!!

We have over 380+ days of anticipation to get through before we sail on Freedom :eek:

Great review!!

I wonder if you ever got to join the Balcony Club...LOL

There was too much risk involved...and while that could be a good thing in some cases, it's just not worth it in others;)

Why are people always asking if others "joined the balcony club"? Are you that concerned if/where strangers had sex? :rolleyes:

I believe that she asked the question because of a comment I made in my review of Day 1 of my recent Freedom cruise. There was nothing strange or invasive there...she was just being nice:) which is nice.

Archived