Just off Freedom...W. Caribbean 4/5-4/11

jbroons

Great review so far. I am excited for my cruise in July. It will be my first and also my fiancee's first.

Oh and you have the best birthday ever (3/14). :cool:

Thanks....I assume that your birthday is 3/14? You, me & Albert Einstein....3 peas in a pod!!;)

I am really enjoying your review.. long wait for me ..i sailed the Conquest so I hope to like the Freedom just as much !!! .

Thanks a lot!! You only have a year+ to be on Freedom....she will wait patiently for you!;) And you do have a spooky Hallowe'en cruise:eek: coming up...good for you!!

Thanks a lot!! You only have a year+ to be on Freedom....she will wait patiently for you!;) And you do have a spooky Hallowe'en cruise:eek: coming up...good for you!!

For her spooky Halloween B-day~

That's my sista!! She's coming on Freedom with me :D

Careful MsJaxson.....Jbroons likes to spread Brady rumors ;)

For her spooky Halloween B-day~

That's my sista!! She's coming on Freedom with me :D

Careful MsJaxson.....Jbroons likes to spread Brady rumors ;)

OMG....I just realized that I'm commisserating with not one but two Boston sports fans:eek:....Let's Go Yankees;) (btw, we have Damon & Jeter:)).

You must be on the other side of CT :p

In New Canaan but grew up in NY.....Review of Grand Cayman tonight (I just wish I could learn how to get pix from "My Pictures" to my CC post:confused:).

WOWW!!!!! Great review so far. Glad to see you and your family had so much fun!! We (12 of us, mostly family) are cruising on Freedom in September but doing the 8 night to Costa Rica, Panama and Cozumel. I enjoy hearing all the positives about the ship!! Thanks and can't wait to hear more :D

WOWW!!!!! Great review so far. Glad to see you and your family had so much fun!! We (12 of us, mostly family) are cruising on Freedom in September but doing the 8 night to Costa Rica, Panama and Cozumel. I enjoy hearing all the positives about the ship!! Thanks and can't wait to hear more :D

Thanks Kat...or Kel. More tonight!

8 nights on Freedom in September.....I'm soo jealous! I think that my cruise withdrawals are setting in.....need more rum;)

Looking forward to the rest of your review!!!

I like how you keep us all in suspense.....wanting more!

Loved Grand Cayman.....can't wait to go back!

Go RED SOX!!!!!!:p

"Anticipation...making me wait..." Carly Simon, right?! She lives on the Vinyaad, right?!;)

And yes, Grand Cayman...so beautiful!!

See you tonight!

Thanks....I assume that your birthday is 3/14? You, me & Albert Einstein....3 peas in a pod!!;)

Yep, always in good company with a 3/14 bday.

Its your honeymoon you dont want to take notes

Yeah, that is true. I can't be taking notes on everything.

Thanks Kat...or Kel. More tonight!

8 nights on Freedom in September.....I'm soo jealous! I think that my cruise withdrawals are setting in.....need more rum;)

I'm enjoying your review also. I was on the 8 days of Freedom cruise 2/28 to the Eastern Caribbean. We had a great time, and I loved the ship and staff so much I just booked the 6 day itinerary for September! :eek: It's so nice to live near the port! ;)

We are booked on the Freedom for next March. This will be out first Carnival Cruise. We've only done Disney before. Your review made it sound soooo terrific. I have really enjoyed hearing that your family enjoyed it all as we will be bringing our daughter along.

JBroons is doing an excellent job with his review!!! Here is another perspective of the same sailing!!!!

We arrived the day before and stayed in Weston which is close to Sawgrass Outlet mall. We shopped that night and the next morning attended Mass at St. Bonaventure Catholic Church, which was one of the most impressive "newer churches" that I have seen.

We returned our car at FLL and took the free shuttle to the port. We arrive about 2:30 and were in our room by 3:15. They really processed us quickly. We were told that is the best time to arrive.....less crowds.

We still had time to get some of the great pizza and a couple of beers before the muster drill.

By the way, our luggage was delivered right before the muster drill....so it was there within an hour!!! You really have to hand it to Carnival for being so efficient with the luggage!!!

We met our table mates in the Posh dining room and were suprised to find that the wife was a teacher just like us!!

Let me just comment about the food.......we did not have a bad meal at any time on this cruise. Every dish in the dining room was well-presented, seasoned, and hot! Just imagine a restaurant serving a thousand guests at the same time, and getting all the dishes correctly delivered in a timely manner!!! For example, on the first night, I ordered ribs, and my wife ordered chicken greque......both were excellent!!! I was also able to get shrimp cocktail everynight as an appetizer if I wished!!

While talking about food......if you are on this ship check out the pizza station by the aft pool. Many choices, freshly prepared! In addition, they will prepare a caesar salad freshly before your eyes!!! Look for the fish and chips station in the upper lido dining area. Just look for the statue of liberty and walk up the stairs. In addition to the fish and chips, they also have fried oysters and a few other selections!!!!

Will post more as I remember!!!

A

OK... it's tonight.... what happened in GC? Whatever it is... I'm ready and waiting to hear about it... :) patiently, of course...

GC is the abbreviation for Grand Caymans. It is one of the nicest, refined, albeit expensive ports in the Carribean!!

On this cruise, there was a problem with tendering at the downtown area due to rough seas and the tide. There is another tendering area that is a distance from the center of town. However, they can only handle 3 ships there. There were 5 ships sheduled for that day. The Carnival Pride followed the itinerary as the Freedom except they left from Miami. They had to just sail past GC and lost a day at port!! The Pride is a smaller ship. We figured GC would rather have a ship with 3,600 passengers than one with just over 2,000!!!

On another Freedom review thread I saw a member had posted the Capers. In reviewing them I was a little disappointed in the shows. What were your opinions of the shows?

I was very impressed with the shows. The first production show was based on New Orleans. The second one was a tribute to the Beatles. It was spetacular.....excellent singing, dancing, special effects, laser lights, the works!!!!

I was very impressed with the shows. The first production show was based on New Orleans. The second one was a tribute to the Beatles. It was spetacular.....excellent singing, dancing, special effects, laser lights, the works!!!!

Were you on the 6 nite or 8 nite cruise?

Great first cruise....tired & exhilirated both. I will give extensive details; the mostly good/great and some bad/very bad. Is that a tease or what?? I'll be back with plenty...tomorrow. Must continue to ingest ginger root to maintain stability (hehe)!!

hey,

i tried to help you earlier on my post about how to upload pics. i misinformed you on something. i upload to tinypicdotcom, the copy the "IMG code for forums and message boards" then you just paste that onto your reply, i found thats the easiest for me. keep the review coming! thanks

Archived