Just off Freedom...W. Caribbean 4/5-4/11

jbroons

I will have some random last thoughts as I think of them....like this one. On the last night on Freedom the gift shop had some really good discounts on MANY things.......some for as much as 50% off!! We got a tye-died dress, a Carnival hoodie and some shirts....So, make sure to go there on the last night of your cruise.;)

That has to have been the best review that I have ever read. Each night when I came home from the office I found myself going to the computer to see if you had posted your next post, it didn't matter how tired I was I had to read what you wrote. My family and I (excluding my son for the first time ever. Boo-Hoo) Are going on the Freedom June 6th just seven weeks from today on the 8 night Weatern Caribbean. I am a tax accountant and every year during the height of tax season I book a cruise so that I have a light at the end of the tunnel (and school of course) to remind me just why I am going out of my mind. If I had any reservation about my choice of cruise this year I must definately say that after reading your review that there is no doubt in my mind that we have made the right choice. You made that last intense week until 4/15 brighter with your review. My daughter who will turn 17 on the cruise will be with us, so maybe you and your daughters should think about joining us they have some great bargians on those balconies (Iknow its not a suite but to cruise more often maybe you can down step a little), I'm sure your daughters and mine will have a great time together. Thanks for all the great writing and our reading it we ALL look foward to the next time you cruise and post another review.:):):)

Thank you so much LTC!! I would LOVE to join you on Freedom but we are going to Jupiter, Florida on 6/20....that pretty much taps out my vacations for a while!!;) I made the girls go to Club 02 on the first night but they never went back....too bad since all the kids seemed to be having a great time together. Have a great time on Freedom LTC!!:)

OMG....I just realized that I'm commisserating with not one but two Boston sports fans:eek:....Let's Go Yankees;) (btw, we have Damon & Jeter:)).

You can have them...... :D

Today's Yankees score: CLE 20 NYY 4 (in the 8th) :p

Have you seen the new stadium Karen?....Go Rays!!

I have not seen the new stadium, but I have heard it is wonderful!

and :p for the Rays comment - I'm hopefully going up to Tampa the first weekend in May for a Red Sox/ Rays game...I'm going with Rays fans, too - I'm not sure what I was thinking when I made the plans LOL :eek:

I have not seen the new stadium, but I have heard it is wonderful!

and :p for the Rays comment - I'm hopefully going up to Tampa the first weekend in May for a Red Sox/ Rays game...I'm going with Rays fans, too - I'm not sure what I was thinking when I made the plans LOL :eek:

Make sure to wear your "Big Papi" jersey Karen!!:p

Ha ha, the Indians creamed the Yankees! :cool:

And the Cavs creamed the Pistons!

Yeah but in the morning, when you wake up...you will still be in Cleveland!!!:p (my cousins are in Shaker heights, btw).;)

the yankees can be compared to carnival,they are both bottom of the barrel.

Obviously you have never cruised Carnival.....and, obviously, you are a Met's or Phillie's fan. Either way you are NOT happy!

Thank you so much LTC!! I would LOVE to join you on Freedom but we are going to Jupiter, Florida on 6/20....that pretty much taps out my vacations for a while!!;) I made the girls go to Club 02 on the first night but they never went back....too bad since all the kids seemed to be having a great time together. Have a great time on Freedom LTC!!:)

Make sure you eat at Charlie's Crab in Jupiter, FL. Our girls loved it. It's right on the water and you get to see the yachts (no, Freedom won't be there! LOL!)

To the negative poster who said that Carival is like the Yankees....bottom of the barrel, I say, don't post here. We're a friendly, fun-loving group.

Make sure you eat at Charlie's Crab in Jupiter, FL. Our girls loved it. It's right on the water and you get to see the yachts (no, Freedom won't be there! LOL!)

To the negative poster who said that Carival is like the Yankees....bottom of the barrel, I say, don't post here. We're a friendly, fun-loving group.

Thanks Annie...I have a home in Jupiter and know Charlie's very well...YAY!

Hi

Our favorite place is Rainbow Palace. It is a 4Diamond AAA rated Chinese Restaurant. It is incredible. Great food and drink. Also the decor is awesome. It is located on Oakland Park Blvd.

Keith

That's a good restaurant Keith but the cajun likes po boys & crawfish....Oh & spicy gumbo....and probably Little Feat as well! He's right though cajun...Rainbow Palace is very good!!

little feat rocks , but more of a jimmy buffet , stevie ray vaughn, Chris Ledoux (RIP) Fan.

I can have sea food / cajun food all the time here so i try to look for something different while away from home.

went to gatlinburg tn. a few years ago and ate at a really nice place , Food was great so after our meal i asked to speak to the chef , I guess he figured he was going to get a complaint. when he came to the table he asked was there a problem w/ our meal/ i replied no that we wanted to compliment him on his cusine . he sat down and ordered us and himself a glass of wine and we talked about food for about 20 min. when he found out that we both cook and that we were from louisiana he brought us back to the kitchen to teach him a little about cajun cooking. My DW and i ended up spending 3 hours in the kitchen w/ andy and a couple of his sou chefs and had a blast.

i hooked him up w/ a fresh seafood supplier here and he still keeps in touch w/ us and every now and then he gets another recipe from us .

little feat rocks , but more of a jimmy buffet , stevie ray vaughn, Chris Ledoux (RIP) Fan.

I can have sea food / cajun food all the time here so i try to look for something different while away from home.

went to gatlinburg tn. a few years ago and ate at a really nice place , Food was great so after our meal i asked to speak to the chef , I guess he figured he was going to get a complaint. when he came to the table he asked was there a problem w/ our meal/ i replied no that we wanted to compliment him on his cusine . he sat down and ordered us and himself a glass of wine and we talked about food for about 20 min. when he found out that we both cook and that we were from louisiana he brought us back to the kitchen to teach him a little about cajun cooking. My DW and i ended up spending 3 hours in the kitchen w/ andy and a couple of his sou chefs and had a blast.

i hooked him up w/ a fresh seafood supplier here and he still keeps in touch w/ us and every now and then he gets another recipe from us .

Stevie Ray (RIP also) is also one of my favorites of all time...one of the best guitarists to ever play!!!

Your story was great....one of those "spots in time" when the stars align and something really special occurs....thanks for sharing!! Also, I was kidding about the NoLa cuisine and you always eating it!! I'm sure that you have tastes outside of that....like Kraft Mac & Cheese;)!

I'm pretty sure there is a Charley's Crab House in Ft. Lauderdale. The water taxi stopped there. We haven't been there in years - but the food, drinks & views were great!

I have been there gwilli and it was good....but not the same as the Charlie's in Jupiter.

Archived