Just off Freedom...W. Caribbean 4/5-4/11

jbroons

No biggie, I'm not really Annie either! My real name is Bonnie (Ann is my middle name), but I'll answer to Freeda or Carnie. I'm very flexible!

I signed on to see if Jim (LOL) posted any pics yet, and I gotta tell you, Meg, that I'm very disappointed.

Freeda......signing off to watch Idol:confused:

Don't worry Bonnie...I will figure it out. Good Night!

I say we ignore him completely until he gets some pics up. And we're not buying this "I can't figure it out" business.....that's what kids are for! To solve all of your tech problems. Sheesh!

You are right Meg...my girls will be my solution....I have them this weekend so photos then.

You guys are all too funny!!!!!!

Glad you're all keeping this thread going ;)

The question is.....can you keep it going for another 372 days:eek:

I hope it doesn't take THAT long for photos....

I have been gone for a few days and came back in hopes of some photos you may have posted... good comedy, but no photos....

Here's hoping!!

I hope it doesn't take THAT long for photos....

I have been gone for a few days and came back in hopes of some photos you may have posted... good comedy, but no photos....

Here's hoping!!

Wow.....what pressure!! We're not THAT attractive! (actually we are...;))!

Actually no pressure... I have yet to figure out how to upload photos myself... Our "tech rep" (i.e. 21 year old son) moved out last March and our other two just don't seem to have the same patience with me as he did! Maybe SOME day I will have the time and patience to figure it out... good luck with it (you are gonna need it with the crowd of admirerers you've gathered)....

Jbroons, I remember you now. That bus ride going back was a lot of fun. My husband recorded on his camera a minute of us singing. If you're happy and you know it say "Yah, mon." Yah, mon!

Sorry all. CC banned me for calling another poster an "idiot", who was abusive to me, BTW....been gone for two days. I now need to decide whether I want to carry on here or not...we shall see.

I even applied to be a "volunteer host"....what a laugh in hindsight!

I also appealed to Host Mach but received no reply, as of yet.

I have been a HUGE proponent of CC since my inception....I have promoted it to hundreds of people...and I have seen/read FAR worse than "idiot" in my readings here. Well, again, we shall see...they may even ban me forever for even saying what I just said...we shall see.

Thats crazy, I agree, I have seen much much worse on here. I hope you get to continue as I am on the Freedom June 28th AND in the same cabin as you so I was so looking forward to your pics. Hope everything turns out well for you. :)

Thats crazy, I agree, I have seen much much worse on here. I hope you get to continue as I am on the Freedom June 28th AND in the same cabin as you so I was so looking forward to your pics. Hope everything turns out well for you. :)

Thank you!! I too am a pisces 62......you will love the cabin; the balcony is amazing...midship and just wonderful!! We always walked up the two flights to Lido and just had a great time on Freedom!! I am jealous...Have a great cruise!!;)

That's just stupid! Oh crap, I hope I don't get banned for saying stupid:o Don't go Jim!!!!!!

Oh Meg...I have missed you as well;)....and I won't go unless made to do so. (i think that "stupid" is fine unless you direct it at someone).

DAN....little help here??!!

Sorry all. CC banned me for calling another poster an "idiot", who was abusive to me, BTW....been gone for two days. I now need to decide whether I want to carry on here or not...we shall see.

I even applied to be a "volunteer host"....what a laugh in hindsight!

I also appealed to Host Mach but received no reply, as of yet.

I have been a HUGE proponent of CC since my inception....I have promoted it to hundreds of people...and I have seen/read FAR worse than "idiot" in my readings here. Well, again, we shall see...they may even ban me forever for even saying what I just said...we shall see.

I do think part of the deal is that you are not even supposed to mention that you were banned or what for. Kinda dumb.

I have only read your first two days and it is getting late and I really should go to bed. Besides CC shuts down around 1:00am my time anyway. You can't post for about an hour every night while they work on it or do whatever they do to it. Anyways, the little I have read sounds like you had a really good time. I will be going to Key West in September and have never been there. My girls all love peace signs. Do you remember where you found the peace sign bracelets or are they everywhere?

I was wondering if the ginger root pills really helped you. I dont need them but this is the first time my mom has been on a cruise and she has it stuck in her head she'll be seasick no matter what I tell her. So I was wondering if they really work. Are there any shops/restaurants in KeyWest that you would definetly recommend? Just curious, did your girls do any of the activities that they had for their age or were they so anti-social that they just stuck together? I have a 16 year old daughter and was wondering what there was for her to do. She'll probably just stick to me like glue anyway LOL So now that you figured out the layout of the ship, what is the best way to get to the dining room from 'our' cabin?? LOL

Hello,

Just was going to ask if anyone has sailed the Freedom's Eastern itinerary to San Juan, Tortola, Antigua, and Nassau-we're booked for August-(praying for a quiet and calm Caribbean). We have been on the Victory, and the Valor (both Eastern and Western) so we do like Carnival. We're traveling with our two boys ages 11 and 15(almost 16). Any pics of the ship would be great and any info on the ports would be most helpful! Sounds like the ship is just beautiful! We just returned from the Pearl(NCL ) first time with NCL-very nice ship and we enjoyed the ports -staff was very friendly and really enjoyed NOT dressing up-But, we are returning to Carnival for the Freedom cruise on August 15th-right before we all head back to school(I'm a teacher). Any thoughts and comments would be most helpful! Thanks again!

I just loved reading all of your reviews on the Freedom! Thanks for taking the time to tell all of us about this wonderful ship-we set sail August 15th from Fort Lauderdale-8 night Eastern-any info on ports would be helpful! San Juan, Tortola, Antigua, Nassau!

Thanks so much! Once you cruise, it gets rather addicting! This will be our 6h cruise!

We just love to cruise and enjoy cruise critic(its rather addicting too :)

Hello Again!

Just thought of something else...we want to stay a day or two before cruise in Fort Lauderdale. Any suggestions? Nice pool, close to port, perhaps on beach...I've been to Miami, but never stayed in Fort Lauderdale so I need some recommendations. Thanks again! Also, any recommendations booking outside of Carnival for excursions-would love to know any good reputable operators for excursions (or recommendations for Carnival excursions for the following ports) San Juan-St. Thomas(I forgot to mention)*we are interested in going back to St.John to stay longer-if anyone knows about getting there on your own let me know-last time booked with Carnival and time was too short so we want to spend the whole day on St.John-we love to snorkel!, Antigua (never been here) Tortola (never been) Nassau(have been-but want to hear any good tours)

Thanks again and I look forward to all of your help-Thanks again!

I do think part of the deal is that you are not even supposed to mention that you were banned or what for. Kinda dumb.

I have only read your first two days and it is getting late and I really should go to bed. Besides CC shuts down around 1:00am my time anyway. You can't post for about an hour every night while they work on it or do whatever they do to it. Anyways, the little I have read sounds like you had a really good time. I will be going to Key West in September and have never been there. My girls all love peace signs. Do you remember where you found the peace sign bracelets or are they everywhere?

Thanks Debbie....we did have a great time!! The store with the bracelets is right across the street from Sloppy Joe's, on the corner. They had a rack outside the front door....they were like $10.00. I don't recall the name of the store though.

I was wondering if the ginger root pills really helped you. I dont need them but this is the first time my mom has been on a cruise and she has it stuck in her head she'll be seasick no matter what I tell her. So I was wondering if they really work. Are there any shops/restaurants in KeyWest that you would definetly recommend? Just curious, did your girls do any of the activities that they had for their age or were they so anti-social that they just stuck together? I have a 16 year old daughter and was wondering what there was for her to do. She'll probably just stick to me like glue anyway LOL So now that you figured out the layout of the ship, what is the best way to get to the dining room from 'our' cabin?? LOL

I don't really know if the ginger root helped but it definitely didn't hurt!! We took them twice a day starting the day before the cruise and no one had any issues with sickness.

In Key West, there are SO many shops/restaurants....incredible!! Go to Sloppy Joe's, BO's or Hogs Breath Saloon....can't go wrong with any of them, but check out the Key West thread in Ports, if you haven't already.

My girls just stuck together....I made them go to Club 02 on the first night but they never really returned. However, it looked like many kids on the ship used the facility and made some good friends and had a great time (running all over the ship together)!!

To get to Chic or Posh restaurants we took the elevators down to level 3...Chic is toward the front of the ship and Posh aft. The elevator is right by #7322.....walk out of the room and go right, quick left and you're there.

If you have a fax # I'll send you some good stuff.

stingrays002.jpg

stingrays001.jpg

Ok....and Annie was correct....my daughter knew exactly how to transfer the pictures....(photo bucket or something). Anyway, here are my girls Shannon (on the right) & Kyra (on the left) enjoying swimming with the stingrays in Grand Cayman:D!..It really was beautiful....the rays were wonderful, graceful creatures. And, as I said, when we started to feed them squid, the rays were EVERYWHERE......Loved it!!!

Then it was snorkeling on the reef and lunch at Rum Pointe Beach......Absolutely fantastic day hosted by Native Way Watersports!!! Highly recommended!!!

Archived