Liberty - arrive San Juan at 5pm?

brobrosmom

Looking for some opinions on the Liberty itinerary. Specifically San Juan. What was it like arriving at 5pm and departing at 12am? What was there to do and did you enjoy it?

When we arrived, it was still light out so we walked around the cobblestone streets, checked out some shops & the general area. Then we went back to the ship to eat before a bus tour of San Juan (a waste---too dark to see anything) but also on to the Juan Carlos Flamenco Show, which was fabulous. We got back to the ship around 11 pm. We enjoyed it but wouldn't have booked a tour at 6 pm since it is dark in November, when we went.

We were there at night around Christmas time and we really enjoyed ourselves! We took the trolley to the fort and walked around for a while, then walked back to ship, back on the ship and had dinner. Then got back off and DH and I went on a horse and carriage tour/ride around the city and with it being Christmas time there were beautiful lights everywhere! We had a great time. We had been there in the day before and was not sure about how it would be at night, but we had a very nice time.

My DH is not much of an excursion person. He prefers to do our own thing: walk around, maybe get something to eat and drink, etc. I was curious to see not only what there was to do but also if you felt safe at night.

Archived