Hamburg to Frankfurt Airport

You should say how many people you are and whether you are willing to drive. It's not close. By train it's about 4 hours. You can look it up on bahn.de. Why not buy a plane ticket from Hamburg to wherever you are going? You'll probably have to change planes but you might have to do that from Frankfurt anyway.

After I'd clicked send on my post, I re-read yours and saw that you were two people. Oops. I looked up the train for you and it's 3:52 minutes on the ICE train which is usually the fastest. 107 euros per person. There is a train that goes direct to the airport, Frankfurt Flughafen, but you might be better off flying even if you took a short flight from Hamburg to Frankfurt and a long flight home from there. Probably HeinBloed will have some advice for you.

Thanks. Yes, I've been thinking about flying to Frankfurt. We're using the second part of a RT from this fall's TA from Rome. Frankfurt is a major hub for UAL and that's where I'd like to do the direct flight from. Will check out both. Thanks.

Every two hours there is a direct high speed train

Hamburg - Frankfurt Airport - Stuttgart (transit time about 4 hours)

(Super Saver Tickets bookable 3 monthes ahead on internet)

but even the Lufthansa Flights are only only about 59 EUR (currently).

(bookable 11 monthes ahead)

Train station is about 8-12 minutes away by taxi for about 10 EUR.

But bus station is one block away and you can take the bus in 10 minutes to the train station.

Airport is about 30 minutes away from cruise terminal and you will need about 25-30 EUR to get to.

Europcar is delivering cars directly to the cruise terminal against fee of 7 or 8 EUR and you can drive yourself to Frankfurt if you want to see enroute some attractions.

Regards,

HeinBloed

Archived