deliver complete guest satisfaction, so effective immediately the bread

stick and breadbasket service on every guest table has been reinstated

onboard the Century. We appreciate your concern and thank you for taking

the time to send us your message.

Sincere Regards,

Dietmar R. Wertanzl

Senior Vice President, Fleet Operations

Celebrity Cruises Inc.

So they do listen, at least some of the time!

moments ago. how 'bout that!!!!!!!!!!!! question is -- what ELSE is being tried out there right now -- important for current and recent past cruisers to report in! I promise to report back on anything disturbing detected aboard 12/12 Millennium, wrt what we experienced aboard Mercury in April :) -- TR

I took a cruise on the Horizon to Bermuda at the end of May earlier this year.

One of the things that bothered me about the ship was that most times, the food had no labels and I had no idea what anything was without trying it.

At the end of the cruise, I filled out the comment card and put down this information. My g/f, who was working on the ship at the time, later told me that shortly after they started putting labels out for everything. I guess I wasn't the only one to write a critique of that particular non-practice.

So, they do listen.

Well, I can't wait to see if I have a response at work. Don't tell my boss, but I emailed them from there. I'll let you know if I have an email tomorrow.:rolleyes: Goody! BREADSTICKS!!!!!

Garry

Oh y ou'll know the breadsticks, Jumbie, even without a lable.

They are those long skinny things everyone keeps jabbing into the butter and munching on while waiting for their food to come.

and sometimes, if you are very very good, a basket of them, hot and crisp, will appear on your table at the bar. Hmmm. those are the best.

love

joan

Just got back from a Celebrity cruise--Sorry, Jumbie, they did not have the breadsticks labeled!;) Maybe by your next cruise.............
lol, let's hope.

I'll just have to avoid them, if not :p

Oh y ou'll know the breadsticks, Jumbie, even without a lable.

They are those long skinny things everyone keeps jabbing into the butter and munching on while waiting for their food to come.

Oh, that's what those were!! And here I was thinking Celebrity was serving a bunch of cannibals human fingers. Guess I shouldn't have put that one on the comment card...

See, labelling would have avoided this error and just goes to support my point.

My Wife and I found the Celebrity human relations skills and customer service to be the best we have encountered. Top Notch organization, and this thread just confirms that they have their hand on the customers pulse.

I just don't get what this enthusiasm is for the bread sticks. We was on the cruise Oct 30 of this year and I have to tell you if you have real teeth you could lose them with these breadsticks??If you soak them awhile in the tomato bisque soup though becomes a little better?

I think this whole line of information is funny. I mean the part about taking away the bread on the table thing. I recently sailed with RCCL which has the asst. waiter serve you bread and I liked it that way. However, I must say this with one caveat in mind. The service on this particular ship/voyage/ table staff was superb!!! He was there with the bread 1 minute after serving us our drinks that he knew by heart 1-2 minutes after sitting down!!! I mean you were served the bread and amount of your choice. If you wanted more, it was there fresh in 1-3 minutes! Again, I guess I like the personal touch in dining that I remember from my first cruise years ago!!!

We got the same email as the OP after we emailed them about the breadsticks! Wow 2 emails in one week after I emailed them about things. Maybe stateside CS is getting better. We can only hope! Pam

My email was waiting for me when I got to work this morning. How nice to get a reply!:D

Garry

Archived