Amphilife tours

azrayne

• 2 weeks later...
Has anyone used this company before??? Here is their website: http://www.tour-belize.net/

I'm looking at either snorkeling at Rendevous Caye or kitesurfing. Any info would be great!

I am going to Rendezvous Caye on May 19th. If you can hang off until then I will give you a review when I get back (after 26th). I am doing a back to back on the Glory and this is the trip I am looking forward to the most. Great snorkelling and no crowds.

Roger at Amphilife has been very helpful in trying to get this organised. I was determined to do this trip but no one else had booked and he needed minimum of 8. In the end I have organised a private charter of the boat and got my daughter (dancer on the Glory) to round up some of the ships staff to split the cost.

Here is a picture that Roger sent me - looks like paradise to me!

1077236553_RendezvousCayefromtheair.jpg.b73d1b76d0807562c7838e755384aacf.jpg

I look forward to hearing about your visit. It looks like paradise and getting away from the crowded beaches and snorkeling areas is exactly my cup of tea!

Can't wait!

Okay Azrayne, will post review on this thread when I get back:)

I was seriously considering using Amphilife tours...but then the reality of being THAT isolated, WITH my kids along, kind of started freaking me out. That and the fact that Roger told me I could only get the "big boat" if we'd book a large group (15+) and only the "big boat" has a bathroom. I'm all for being rustic, but bathrooms are a big thing for me, LOL, especially with kids. If it were just DH and I, then I'd surely book with them. It's having the kids along that steered us towards Coral Breezes in the end.

Didn't know the smaller boat didn't have a bathroom but I have asked for the big boat as there are more than 15 that want to go. Some of the staff are bound to be on port manning that week though so we will end up with around 15.

I would have gone with anything though, this is the one place I wanted to go. Truly a unique experience.

Azrayne, if Roger doesn't have the minimum bookings for when you want to go, you could try to round up some people from your roll call.

Archived