question on cabins on the bump

jeffw47 - That's a good hump stateroom also. icon_wink.gif

<MARQUEE>Are you sailing on the Mariner 7/18/04?...Click here! icon_cool.gif

or HERE! icon_wink.gif

</MARQUEE>

Disney Wonder 3/2000 ~ Disney Magic 9/2000 ~ RCI Vision 2/2001 ~ Carnival Victory 12/2001 ~ Celebrity Millennium 3/2003 ~ RCI Adventure OTS 9/2003 ~ RCI Mariner OTS 7/18/2004 ~ RCI Serenade OTS 9/26/2004

You were really lucky to get that stateroom. The only thing better would be to have a Cat. JS on the opposite side. You are just around the corner from the stairs and the elevators. Also, the RC Online is one floor below you in the center. Enjoy!

<MARQUEE>Are you sailing on the Mariner 7/18/04?...Click here! icon_cool.gif

or HERE! icon_wink.gif

</MARQUEE>

Disney Wonder 3/2000 ~ Disney Magic 9/2000 ~ RCI Vision 2/2001 ~ Carnival Victory 12/2001 ~ Celebrity Millennium 3/2003 ~ RCI Adventure OTS 9/2003 ~ RCI Mariner OTS 7/18/2004 ~ RCI Serenade OTS 9/26/2004

The center hump cabins on the Voyager class ships, Deck 9, are 9318 (starboard) and 9618 (port). Both are Junior Suites.

Cabins 9320 (starboard) and 9620 (port) are equally situated, but are D1 cabins.

Any of these four cabins on Deck 9 are ideal hump cabins. Anything fore or aft compromise your view either fore or aft from the balcony.

All lower deck cabins (Deck 6-8) in the same location should be fine, but offer no Juniour Suite hump cabins.

Deck 10 has no center hump cabins in Junior Suite Category. It has the Royal Suite (port) and the two Owner's Suites (starboard).

Hope this helps. If not, an RCI brochure with deck plans will. Also, all online cruise agencies (Travelocity, Expedia, etc.) have deck plans for viewing. Hope this helped.

Check out my AOS and Caribe Hilton photos: http://community.webshots.com/user/rascalious

NCL Norway 7/2001 E. Caribbean

Carnival Victory 7/2002 W. Caribbean

RCCI AOS Southern Caribbean 9/2003

RCCI AOS Southern Caribbean 9/19/2004

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;9;19;22;0;00&timezone=GMT-0400

Until Adventure of the Seas - (Aruba/Curacao)

Another bump stateroom question-- I am trying to convince DH that a bump GS would be fun. He is concerned about noise coming up from the Centrum. To those of you who have stayed in a bump cabin, was this a problem?

Thanks.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Straughn:

Another bump stateroom question-- I am trying to convince DH that a bump GS would be fun. He is concerned about noise coming up from the Centrum. To those of you who have stayed in a bump cabin, was this a problem?

Thanks.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not sure what deck your GS cabin is on, but I can tell you we had no noise from the Centrum or elevators on the AOS (Deck 9). The cabins are situated pretty far from and have a hallway between the elevators. You will not be disturbed.

The hump cabins are close enough to the elevators, however, that you can conveniently navigate the ship.

Check out my AOS and Caribe Hilton photos: http://community.webshots.com/user/rascalious

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;9;19;22;0;00&timezone=GMT-0400

Until Adventure of the Seas - (Aruba/Curacao)

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I am thinking about booking a hump cabin. Has anyone ever had any problems with noise from the elevators being right there??

Let me know!

Thanks!

Jason

EOS 7/10/05

This thread has a nice discussion about cabins near the elevators.

I booked a hump cabin (9312 on Navigator), and from what I've read on other sites the sitelines are good, even though it's on the front of the "hump". Now if time would only go a tad faster!

We've got 1558 on the Jewel- which is the same as the Serenade. Anyone have input on this cabin?

thanks in advance

We were in 1556 (GS) on the Brilliance - on the hump. I've got several pics of our suite if you're interested. Are you able to receive emails. Haven't figured out how to post them, but I could email them to you if you'd like.

Sue

• 2 months later...
The center hump cabins on the Voyager class ships, Deck 9, are 9318 (starboard) and 9618 (port). Both are Junior Suites.

Cabins 9320 (starboard) and 9620 (port) are equally situated, but are D1 cabins.

Any of these four cabins on Deck 9 are ideal hump cabins. Anything fore or aft compromise your view either fore or aft from the balcony.

All lower deck cabins (Deck 6-8) in the same location should be fine, but offer no Juniour Suite hump cabins.

Deck 10 has no center hump cabins in Junior Suite Category. It has the Royal Suite (port) and the two Owner's Suites (starboard).

Hope this helps. If not, an RCI brochure with deck plans will. Also, all online cruise agencies (Travelocity, Expedia, etc.) have deck plans for viewing. Hope this helped.

Hi :)

what about cabins 9614 and 9314 on Voyager, not as desirable on sides of the hump?

this is for a voyager carribean cruise this fall.:D

js-on-voyager-hump.jpg.f1a4377b56bd1ee402d90ac30659be36.jpg

We were in 9614 on the Explorer last May...fantastic location! Our friends were across the ship in 9608.....their balcony was not as big as ours,plus our room was longer!! I say go for 9614 or 9314. We are on the hump on the Navigator this July too!!!

Ollie

[quote name='RareBird']Hi :)

what about cabins 9614 and 9314 on Voyager, not as desirable on sides of the hump?

this is for a voyager carribean cruise this fall.:D[/QUOTE]

The only thing I noticed (in your map) is that these are connecting cabins with 9612 and 9312, respectively (black arrows). Possible noise because of connecting doors??? This has been reported to be a problem, but I do not have first-hand experience. Other than that, it looks great!
We really enjoyed 9318 two years in a row on AOS. Yes, same cabin (Junior Suite), same cruise, Aruba itinerary.

That's funny, we have 9320 booked on Adventure next Feb. Let us know how you like it. We are still waiting on our daughters school to get the mid winter break next year scheduled, they are in the middle of teacher contracts. I can't book air until they decide and just missed a $320.00 fare to San Juan from Detroit, now it is over $400.00. We will see.

Renee

[quote name='rascalious']Gotta' love the hump! We were center hump on the AOS last year. Doing it again this September. Cabin 9318 Junior Suite rules!!!

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;9;19;22;0;00&timezone=GMT-0400[/img]
Until Adventure of the Seas - (Aruba/Curacao)[/QUOTE]

I am considering a JS on the Mariner. Can you please tell me if 4 people would be comfortable in there or should we book an inside for our kids (10 and 13)? Was there an inside cabin across the hall from you on the bump?

[quote name='Host Jacquelyn']I have links to pictures of a "hump" balcony in my signature below. Also, if you look at my review I do discuss the room in detail. Let me know if you have any questions.

--Jacquelyn Hyde [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
[url="http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=2150"]Read my Detailed Explorer Review!![/url]
[url="http://messages.cruisecritic.com/2/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=927093444&f=408097554&m=9873016096"] Read my Detailed Brilliance Review!![/url] [url="http://community.webshots.com/album/58654523LdpVTS"]Brilliance "Hump" Cabin Photos (Room 9092)![/url]
[url="http://community.webshots.com/album/38454671zrJmdD"]Click for aft Royal Family Suite (Cat AA) photos![/url][/QUOTE]

I would really love to see your Royal Family Suite photos, but they are no longer accessible from your link. Could you please email me them or if anyone else has photos of the RFS or GS I would really appreciate it. [email]ciship@aol.com[/email]

[quote name='KamloopsCruisers']We were in 1556 (GS) on the Brilliance - on the hump. I've got several pics of our suite if you're interested. Are you able to receive emails. Haven't figured out how to post them, but I could email them to you if you'd like.

Sue[/QUOTE]

Sue, will you please email me your pictures of the GS to [email]ciship@aol.com[/email]

[quote name='ciship']I am considering a JS on the Mariner. Can you please tell me if 4 people would be comfortable in there or should we book an inside for our kids (10 and 13)? Was there an inside cabin across the hall from you on the bump?[/QUOTE]

You would have to sleep the children on the sleeper sofa. I think this is very doable, but it will limit floor space. You would not want to leave it in the folded out position any time other than bedtime. I also read that it is not very comfortable. You will have a bathtub and shower combo, bit still only one bathroom. If the competition for the bath might be a problem, then book 9314 (JS) on the hump with connecting cabin 9312 (D1) - if the budget allows. This is on Deck 9, starboard. The mirror image is 9614 and 9612 on the port (left) side.
You could also look at the larger Grand Suites or Owners Suites and price compare.
No, there are no cabins across from the hump cabins. There is a wall with "shadow box" art displays along the wall ( behind glass) - on the Adventure of the Seas. The Mariner deck plan appears to be identical. This wall separates you nicely from the elevators, and you will not be disturbed by them. It is really a GREAT location. Enjoy - We did!

[quote name='rascalious']The only thing I noticed (in your map) is that these are connecting cabins with 9612 and 9312, respectively (black arrows). Possible noise because of connecting doors??? This has been reported to be a problem, but I do not have first-hand experience. Other than that, it looks great!
We really enjoyed 9318 two years in a row on AOS. Yes, same cabin (Junior Suite), same cruise, Aruba itinerary.[/QUOTE]

oh wow! i learned something new, i had no idea the arrows meant connecting cabins...:)

Archived