Serenade 9654 Need to act quickly!

The RCCL website lists one size for every cabin, except they give a range for suites. While the room sizes generally are the same, the balconies conform to the contours of the ship & can vary considerably. I haven't seen 9654, so I can't comment. It sure looks larger, though.

Hi Maureen,

I just happened to notice your thread as I was lurking on the RCI boards. I think that you a right in that the extra balcony is likely part of your balcony area. I copied this link that shows the Royal Suite layout next door to you. As you look at the corner of the second bedroom and master bath one realizes that these are outside walls that must be your balcony based on the ships layout drawing.

Hope all is well with you and your family, Best Regards!

Rod

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/cabinclass/cabinTypes/cabinType/cabin/home.do;jsessionid=0000gpHvsY6_mI-q2IPFsPKs61I:v2krl5v8?br=R&cabincls=D&cabinType=FS&shipCode=SR

I wrote to you the other day on a Princess post. Just sending along good wishes to you and Clare!!

I called RCCL and they still say that the cagin has the standard 41 sq ft balcony. I have my relatives in a good location not too far from an elevator - but if the balcony was really this size - it might be worth the walk to aft. I wish someone had the information. Thanks for trying to help - I see the layout and suspect you're right.

What's a died-in-the-wool Princess fan like you doing lurking RCCL (just kidding!!) Love to you both, Maureen

If this is any help:

I stayed in a Royal Family Suite recently on the Serenade. There are walls to the left of the RFS's balcony and the curve behind the Master BR is inaccessible (unless you want to climb the rail over open ocean!) Your balcony in question is regular sized. Have a great trip!

SeaBreezy

Here is the description from RCCL.

d1.gifSuperior Oceanview Stateroom-- Two twin beds (can convert into queen-size), private balcony, sitting area with sofa, and a private bathroom. Rates vary from deck to deck. (204 sq. ft., balcony 41 sq. ft.)

Please note: Staterooms 9252 & 9652 have partially obstructed views.

**Note: The cabin you are questioning, 9254, does not have an obstructed view. Relax! I think you did fine and they will LOVE it! :D

9654, the one you want, is not obstructed, according to MammaLlama's post. From what I can remember, too, 9654 is clear! If you've booked it, just leave it! They will really enjoy it. It's quiet back there too because people don't go back there (in the halls) unless they are aft. Not a lot of passers-by. Unless for some reason the walking the longer distance to the cabin is going to be a problem, I'd just leave it alone and anticipate the trip!

SeaBreezy

• 2 weeks later...

I just returned from the Jewel and had this cabin. The balcony is quite a bit larger (almost twice the size) than the normal balconies for other D1 category cabins. This balcony is very private and entirely covered. Part of the balcony is behind the steel structure of the ship, and therefore without a view. The cabin next door is the one with the window washing equipment. This equipment does not block the view from 9654, however, I did find that my view was hampered if I wanted to take a photo looking forward. I loved the balcony, and had plenty of room for a full length lounge recliner, two chairs, and a table. I did have a difficult time getting my room steward to bring me the recliner and then he removed it without asking me two days before the end of the cruise. It seems he removed it from another cabin, and the passengers were complaining. He ended up getting me another one later that day.

Yes, don't assume that the operators on the phones at RCCL know the answers! Ack. I had a heated debate with one reservationist with RCCL about the Radiance class 'hump' cabins.

She assured me that ALL the cabins of a particular class had one size balcony. She told me that the ship floor plans just LOOK like they are bigger, but in fact they are not.

I THEN proceeded to explain to her that I have SAILED on this class of ship twice, and that I have been on the larger decks both times, and she, without calling me a 'liar' continue with her shpeel about how all cabins are created equally.

She admitted that she had not been on the ship, nor seen it. I had been on it twice but she maintained that as she was RCCL staff, she should KNOW.

That's when about I started to pull my hair out.

banghead.gif

Mring... We just got off the Jewel in cabin 9254 and it is exactly as BShurley described 9654. It's a great location and balcony. Very quiet and the 100 yard+ one way walk to the steps/elevators helps to keep the weight gain down. We would get either of those cabins again if we couldn't get an aft cabin. The service and food on the Jewel was very good. The filet mignon we had the second night was excellent and the lobster tails were all firm and flavorful. The rest of the food was good to excellent even in the Windjammer. We felt no need to go to either Chops or Portifinos. We have been in them before and the filet in Chops could not have been any better than what we had in the dining room. The made to order omelets in the Windjammer were also excellent.

The TA website lists my relatives in the original cabin (9534) but the RCCL site has them listed in 9654. I have asked the web TA to verify the cabin number. I sure hope they are in the aft cabin that RCCL lists!

All of your input has been very reassuring - I just wish I was actually going on this cruise. I'm really excited for my husband's aunt and uncle. They're going to love it!!

Archived