St Anne de Beaupre- taxis?

My mom is looking to take the NCL 10nt Canada/NE cruise rt from NY, and when the ship is in port in Quebec, she really wants to see St Anne De Beaupre as we used to take yearly trips there when we lived in Philly. However, she wants to spend a lot of time at the cathedral, so the ships tours really aren't what she is looking for.

So I guess my question is, how easy is it to get a taxi there and back to the port, and how much would a taxi run for 3-4 people for that distance? Are there any private tours that can do that? I looked on the internet and cannot find one that is just St Annes. Or is a rental car for the day cheaper? Is there a rental car agency at the port? I believe the ship is in port from 8am -9pm that day.

Appreciate the help.

tarifs_taximetre.gif

Ste. Annde de Beaupré is about 36 km away, using the above rates, I would expect it to be about CAD$65 each way (but that's a guesstimate based on the distance $3.30 (start fee) + 36 km * $1.60 = $60.90 minimum). But I'm not sure about the legalities related to long distances. You may be able to negotiate a different rate. You can always consider renting a car for the day (there are several agencies not far from the port) or even consider renting a limousine for the day. Taxi fares include ALL taxes.

Incidentally all taxis must have that sign in the window and unless they are in an outlying region (where the sticker differs, because they don't get to collect the $3.30 start charge) they must have and use a taxi meter. It is a requirement of law in Quebec. Prices are in CAD, of course. (Today exchange rate is about USD$1.00 = $CAD$1.20, so CAD$65 is about USD$54. But the rates change daily and can vary widely if you pay in USD.)

I hope this helps.

BTW it's Ste. Anne de Beaupré (In French it's Sainte, since she's female)

You can always consider renting a car for the day (there are several agencies not far from the port) or even consider renting a limousine for the day.

Does Enterprise "pick you up" in Canada too? If so, that maybe their best option. Apparently also, the Enterprise location is only open til 6, does that mean she has to drop off the car before then? Or do they have an overnight drop?

Not sure how much the limo would run, but that is also an option, but then again puts them on a schedule that I think my mom would like to avoid.

I think all things considered, the car rental is what you want. Enterprise will pick you up (I see the commercials often enough...!), and if you prefer either Budget or Hertz, they have offices that are easily reached either by the free Ecolobus (a small electric bus run by the RTC - transportation commission) or by taxi. Ste-Anne-de-Beaupré is an easy drive from the dock, via a highway along the river (passing Montmorency Falls along the way).

I was more concerned about late drop offs since they will be in port until 9 pm that day.

I would call the rental offices directly and ask them:

Budget

COTE-PALAIS QCDTN

29 COTE DU PALAIS

QUEBEC CITY, PQ G1R 4H9 CA

418-692-3660

Hertz

Cote du Palais

44 Cote Du Palais Quebec City, Quebec G1R 4H8

Canada Phone: 418 694-1224 txt_bullet.gif Fax: 418 692-3713

Enterprise Rent-A-Car

690 BOUL. RENE-LEVESQUE EST