Safety Issue on the Jade

G-Funk

To report back on this issue, I just received a 1/2 page unsigned form letter from a coordinator of customer relations at NCL apologizing in general for any inconvenience I might have encountered on my cruise and giving me a form for a $100 OBC on a future cruise. It is obvious that I totally wasted my time even writing them a letter.

I thought service on the ship was bad - corporate managed to take a bad situation and make it even worse. It is doubtful they even read the letter, they certainly did not address any of the items in it, and then they did what I explicitly told them not to, which was give me something. This is a very disappointing conclusion to a sad situation.

I truly and sincerely do not think you should regret sending the letter. For a multitude of reasons, many legal, they were unlikely to respond with specifics to a letter such as yours. That doesn't mean it won't affect policy or be the catalyst for better communication to the crew and passengers about policies (which I believe was the problem in your case). They simply cannot promise anyone anything unless and until their full bureaucratic process has been completed so it is easier and quicker to send you the form letter you received, but I do believe they take letters such as yours into consideration. That's the way big systems work.

Finally, NEVER EVER be sorry to receive $100 OBC. ;) Enjoy it!

ETA: Thank you SOOOOOOOO much for reporting back. I really appreciate it.

ACtually you don't know that it didn't do any good. Often letters are forwarded to dept. heads responsible for a given area, they don't tell the letter writer this instead they tend to do what they did with you, send a letter and a gift of some sort.

You can't know for certain that the letter was not read or no action taken. At least you wrote it and that is important.

Archived