breakfast and lunch at cagneys

mrdrdoso

One of the fun things about our 19-day repo last fall on the Pearl was dining in Cagney's for breakfast. I lost track of how many steak & eggs I had. I always did the first cut on that filet with my fork, it was that tender.

Loved the salmon fritatta, too.

Just off the Gem had steak and eggs 5 mornings would have been 6 but due to Good Friday skipped the steak

I mix it up a bit, steak and eggs get boring every day.

Just pick anything of the menu and get a steak on the side.

Since most of the regular items come as doubles you can request a single if it will be too much.

OK, so as I understand it so far (thanks to everyone for all the great info!)...

Since I am in an AD penthouse suite on the Spirit, I can eat breakfast and lunch at cagney's every day if I want, at no additional charge.

Is their breakfast/lunch menu the same as the dining room or different?

Does it change daily? Does anyone have them to share!

Does the Spirit also do French Press coffee at Cagneys? We are fussy about coffee and this would be great!

The breakfast menu in Cagney's is different from the main dining room and stays the same the whole cruise. The lunch menu changes daily but I'm not sure how it compares to the main dining room.

Sorry, can't help you as to whether the Spirit has French Press coffee in Cagney's. The Pearl did last summer.

Here's the breakfast menu from Cagney's:

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2892619190101666721GzWinY

Here's a sample lunch menu from Cagney's:

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2714549090101666721ODKSGz

when my mother and I were on the sun we ate most of our breakfasts and lunchesin Il Adagio (no Cagney's on the Sun). The hostess asked our room number and highlighted our name on the list and wrote the time down next to our name. By the third day she greeted us first by name. Incidentally, the wonderful Oslyn Brown (Asst Matre D) seated us at our favorite table.

Also, without fail Karin, our concierge would make it through speaking with each table and totally spoiling us, seeing if there was anything special she could do for us.

In retrospect, for us I think this is the #1 suite perk!

OK, so as I understand it so far (thanks to everyone for all the great info!)...

Since I am in an AD penthouse suite on the Spirit, I can eat breakfast and lunch at cagney's every day if I want, at no additional charge.

Is their breakfast/lunch menu the same as the dining room or different?

Does it change daily? Does anyone have them to share!

Does the Spirit also do French Press coffee at Cagneys? We are fussy about coffee and this would be great!

Yes, they had French press coffee on the Spirit in March 2009 (at breakfast and at lunch). The breakfast menu is the same everyday (maybe 8 choices, plus eggs anyway, etc). The lunch menu changed daily, but both menus were different from the main dining room.

Archived