Hawksbill resort and its beaches

capt65

We are arriving on the Carnival Freedom at the end of this month, and a friend told us that Hawksbill resort is a good day resort and it has 3 beaches to choose from.

Can anyone comment and give us some insight about Hawksbill and its beaches.

hi capt65, we r sailing the freedom in may. not many posts around, would u please post when u return? have never been to antigua or tortola not sure what to do. we do not want to go to the baths so i guess a beach..let us know what u did please! cruisegal..

Just returned from a cruise on the Freedom this past Feb. We spent the day at Hawksbill, this was also our second time to go there and we will go back again next January when we stop in Antigua once again. Yes there are three beaches, the last being clothing optional and is a decent walk from the entrance to the resort. Obviously we like it or we wouldn't keep going back. For what its worth, our drivers always try to steer us elsewhere. They all claim that there are nicer beaches on the island and i am sure it's true but we have been very happy with Hawksbill. The beaches ther are not crowded and that is always a plus. We usually spend most of our time at Eden beach (the third one) and it is even less crowded. The food and drink while not outstanding is adequate and we have found the workers there to be pleasant. THe cost of the all inclusive pass depends on what time of day you arrive.

will edit to add more later today......

Well i thought i would edit my post above to add more but there is no edit button, not sure why.

Anyway....Back to the taxi drivers. Last trip especially, we talked to several before we found one to take us there. Not sure if it is because it is fairly close to the port and they don't make as much money or what. But keep trying because you will eventually find someone. Both times we gave the driver a time to be back to get us and they were right on time. The resort will also arrange for one if you need them to for your return.

Capt65....after reading your profile i am going to guess that part of your interest in Hawksbill might be the 3rd beach (Eden) Compared to St Martin and Orient beach you will feel like you are on a deserted beach. Our first visit there was only one other couple, last trip there were quite a few more plus a couple of locals of stopped by to chat.

The shore along Eden beach has some spots that are rocky but there are plenty of places to get in the water if you wish. There is a guard shack on the beach that usually has ice water but thats it. Be sure to gets your drinks on the way out beacuse its a long walk back to the bar and food.

All in all we really like it. I have lots of pics taken there and will again try to edit or make a new post later and add some pics.

If you have more specific questions feel free to ask. If you want to email me with questions that would be fine also.

We have been there 3 times now. The last being in Feb. We had no problem getting a taxi to take us there, but each time they didn't return. But that is no problem either. They can get you a taxi. I think there are 4 beaches there. We also used Eden Beach. Very nice and quiet. You cannot get a drink or food there unless to do the all-inclusive thing for the day. We usually bring something from the ship to hold us over. If you go back a ways on this board you will fnd more info on Hawksbill and some pictures.

Thanks for the postings and the photos.....we will be going to eden beach for sure now. Sure wish we knew NCL had a c/o deck before we booked the Carnival.....oh well, next cruise!

• 3 months later...

Archived