Last day list

pathoman

Now I know that Carnival and all international cruises are required to submit an itinerary by 24hours of leaving port but as I live in Galveston and about 5 minutes away from port I was wondering, is there some list I could get on that they would call before filing said list of people for a possible steep discount for travel? While I can't assure I will do it, I am at least able to drop a good amount of stuff (especially once I am in lab full time) and take a 5 day cruise for cheap if possible. Anyone suggestions?

thanks

I know that Wenfred (sp?)in San Diego booked and sailed the Paradise @ a good rate the same day. I would check upcoming sailings for good prices.

The old days of just showing up at the peir and sailing for $ 20.00 just does not happen anymore.

Tom in Long Beach

If there is a list, it is probably full of interline-eligible people. They don't seem to go last minute now, it's more 5-7 days prior.

One thing that might work out good for you is to check all the cruises about a week away and use the advanced blue search box where you can select your state, whether you are over 55 and whether you are a past guest. My upcoming 4-day cruise out of San Diego dropped several times a week prior to sailing, it went as low as $149. It sold out 5 days before sailing and is gone from the website now.

Another option is to type "pack and go" in the search on Carnival's site every Wednesday-Friday. Those seem to be mostly out of Florida, but are worth checking.

What do you mean by interline? and where do you recommend to search? the main carnival site?

thanks for the quick replies

Also I was thinking a good number of the bigger travel agencies buy spots dont they? would they possibly have a list of rooms they are trying to clear before the ship leaves as I see that as a possible better chance the carnival as they are trying to regain at least a little bit of money

If there is a list, it is probably full of interline-eligible people. They don't seem to go last minute now, it's more 5-7 days prior.

One thing that might work out good for you is to check all the cruises about a week away and use the advanced blue search box where you can select your state, whether you are over 55 and whether you are a past guest. My upcoming 4-day cruise out of San Diego dropped several times a week prior to sailing, it went as low as $149. It sold out 5 days before sailing and is gone from the website now.

Another option is to type "pack and go" in the search on Carnival's site every Wednesday-Friday. Those seem to be mostly out of Florida, but are worth checking.

There always seems to be more deals for the Florida cruises than the Galveston ones. The ones out of Galveston seem to fill up quicker than the ones from Miami.

What do you mean by interline? and where do you recommend to search? the main carnival site?

thanks for the quick replies

Also I was thinking a good number of the bigger travel agencies buy spots dont they? would they possibly have a list of rooms they are trying to clear before the ship leaves as I see that as a possible better chance the carnival as they are trying to regain at least a little bit of money

Interline is usually airline and travel employees and I think it used to include UPS and FedEx employees, maybe it still does.

Searching the main Carnival site is what I meant.

I don't think that travel agencies own bookings with Carnival, but I may be wrong. They possibly hold group blockings, but release them at a certain time back to Carnival. When you are within the last few weeks prior to a cruise, the cabins showing on Carnival's site are the cabins available. You can see a few change here and there with upsells and people changing cabins, but the cabins you see in each category are what is actually available.

Archived