MTD Question answered

I just called MTD and checked with them regarding my status as to our request for MTD on our upcoming Mariner cruise 5/10. She told me we are on the manifest for MTD. So there is no need to for us to go see the MD on deck 5. We're all set! Good to know as I didn't want to start our cruise off by running to deck 5 and standing in line telling them I had this already reserved. She said just to show up when we are ready for dinner.

That is certainly good news, but I think that your scenario of "running to deck 5 and standing line" is a bit over the top. Neither was necessary when we boarded the Navigator about a month ago. One tip however: Despite what you were told, be sure to check your seapass card when you board to confirm that it shows that you have My Time Dining. If it shows an early or late seating table assignment, better get your track shoes on and beat a path to Deck 5.;)

That is certainly good news, but I think that your scenario of "running to deck 5 and standing line" is a bit over the top. Neither was necessary when we boarded the Navigator about a month ago. One tip however: Despite what you were told, be sure to check your seapass card when you board to confirm that it shows that you have My Time Dining. If it shows an early or late seating table assignment, better get your track shoes on and beat a path to Deck 5.;)

No I don't believe "running to deck 5 and standing in line" is over the top. This is the start of my cruise, and I don't want it to begin it with standing in another line figuriing out a dining schedule when it supposedly was already arrainged. I'm not worried about anymore. I was told it will be noted on my seapass card. If not, I will go to deck 5 and straighten it out once and for all and then begin my vacation. I don't intend to bring track shoes either, I will bring my thongs!

I just called MTD and checked with them regarding my status as to our request for MTD on our upcoming Mariner cruise 5/10. She told me we are on the manifest for MTD. So there is no need to for us to go see the MD on deck 5. We're all set! Good to know as I didn't want to start our cruise off by running to deck 5 and standing in line telling them I had this already reserved. She said just to show up when we are ready for dinner.

Not to rain in your enthusiasm but as the system isn't up and running till 5/10 I personally would be wary of this information. Check your seapass card and see what it says. If it still says main or 2nd then you will have to go and reregister (just as I have told you before)

Please post back and let us know what your experience was?

(ps 'thongs' in the UK is a sort of very skimpy underwear - not sure how this will help - perhaps it will get you noticed and to the front of the line...!!)

No I don't believe "running to deck 5 and standing in line" is over the top. This is the start of my cruise, and I don't want it to begin it with standing in another line figuriing out a dining schedule when it supposedly was already arrainged. I'm not worried about anymore. I was told it will be noted on my seapass card. If not, I will go to deck 5 and straighten it out once and for all and then begin my vacation. I don't intend to bring track shoes either, I will bring my thongs!

Babies I would also have them e-mail me that confirmation. Just incase it is not on your seapss card when you arrive......this is what I will be doing......always good to have back up:)

Not to rain in your enthusiasm but as the system isn't up and running till 5/10 I personally would be wary of this information. Check your seapass card and see what it says. If it still says main or 2nd then you will have to go and reregister (just as I have told you before)

Please post back and let us know what your experience was?

(ps 'thongs' in the UK is a sort of very skimpy underwear - not sure how this will help - perhaps it will get you noticed and to the front of the line...!!)

I knew someone's mind would be in the gutter LOL!

Babies I would also have them e-mail me that confirmation. Just incase it is not on your seapss card when you arrive......this is what I will be doing......always good to have back up:)

At this point, I'm just happy my vacation is finally coming up. I'm giving up on trying to fight this issue. If I have to handle it onboard then I will, I'm sure it will be fine. I'll just have a few DOD's and loosen up a bit and all will be right with the world!

And here in the US they are also skimpy underwear as well as shoes with a 'thong' that goes between the first and second toe.

They can also be a piece of narrow leather tied around the neck to make necklace of sorts.

For those that want MTD - I called RCCL today. A month or two ago - I had a phone call at work from someone at RCCL. They told me they had to take our "open seating requested" off our reservation and that we had to wait until we board and go to the dining room to request it - first come, first serve. Well.... after asking more questions, she told me that on April 19th an application change was supposed to be deployed to their web site. That change would allow requesting MTD along with Main and Late sitting.

So.... I checked the RCCL web site today. No sign of MTD in the dining options on our reservation. So I called Customer Service and asked about it. She put me on hold, and came back a few minutes later. She said we have to go to the dining room after boarding, but "no guarantees" - "first come, first serve". I then told her about the phone call I received a month or two ago. Another pause while she did some clicking on her keyboard. She said it said "April or May" for the enhancement to the web site - no specific date. I mentioned that I had heard the change might now be on May 10th. She said she had no specific date and reiterated again that we have to sign up on board even if we've already prepaid our gratuities.

Hmmm. Ok - I work in IT - have for 30 years. I know quite well that software enhancements/deployments are scheduled/planned. So SOMEONE there does know the date - and odds are good it was supposed to be April 19th and was delayed. So the May 10th that some others have been told might be accurate. I'd suggest that those of us that want MTD check every day or two - and particularly on/after May 10th ... to see if they finally get this change in place. It'd be a heck of a lot easier to have this settled prior to cruising (our cruise is May 23rd) than to have to go to the dining room and try to sign up for it after boarding (with no guarantees of getting it). Honestly - it's kind of crazy to offer a new dining option and not have your web site/application set up to handle that option ahead of time!

We sail 05-03. I was also told the April 18/ 19? date some time ago for resolution. Sorry, I have lost track which. Any way, today's call was told MTD should appear on our seapass card as we are now "coded" MTD, although nothing appears on our reservation online. This, despite my conversation a week ago saying we'd have to get in line no matter what.:confused: I fully expect to have to stand in line once we board to iron out these details. I will do this and still have a good time, regardless of the hassle.

BTW, in California, thongs are underwear, flip flops are shoes.

We sail 05-03. I was also told the April 18/ 19? date some time ago for resolution. Sorry, I have lost track which. Any way, today's call was told MTD should appear on our seapass card as we are now "coded" MTD, although nothing appears on our reservation online. This, despite my conversation a week ago saying we'd have to get in line no matter what.:confused: I fully expect to have to stand in line once we board to iron out these details. I will do this and still have a good time, regardless of the hassle.

I don't know where in California you are from, but here in So. Cal. we do call them "thongs" LOL!

I don't know where in California you are from, but here in So. Cal. we do call them "thongs" LOL!

I'm a So Cal girl and we call them flip flops:o

Whatever! Back to the question about MTD. I just called, again, and was told that the Mariner computer system is not up and running and you will have to go and sign up onboard. So with "flip-flops" on feet, I will make my way to where I was told to go and sign up. Have a good cruise.

"I'm a So Cal girl and we call them flip flops"

Really? I just did a massive amount of shopping at Nordstroms and in their shoe department there were quite a bit of "thongs", designer too. So, here in So. Cal. we don't just call them flip-flops they are also known as "thongs". You should check them out. They are quite pretty. Much more than flip-flops!

I called RC this morning and was told April 27th AOS would be loaded into the system by their IT department. I have to call back then to essentaily re-book MTD since currently the system just shows my tips are pre-paid and there is no way for them to confirm MTD until they have a code in their system to chose it. Nice.....:mad:

I called RC this morning and was told April 27th AOS would be loaded into the system by their IT department. I have to call back then to essentaily re-book MTD since currently the system just shows my tips are pre-paid and there is no way for them to confirm MTD until they have a code in their system to chose it. Nice.....:mad:

I was told the exact same the on the Mariner, however it would be mid-May. They said I could try a week before I sail, 5/10 and see if it is up and running. What got me mad was last week I spoke with someone in MTD they confirmed that I was set and that I will have my seapass card indicating MTD on it. Well, today I didn't feel comfortable and decided to call again. Spoke to this girl and she told me that the Mariner does not have their system up and I will have to book onboard and she will have to redo my booking. I went through the roof when she told me that, I told her I did not want her to touch my booking, so she transferred me to her supervisor. He was a little more knowledgable and got me to calm down a bit as I was ready to cancel the whole thing and get my tips refunded. After all was said and done, I left the tips on my account. I will have to see guest relations once onboard and hope that I will get MTD. This is the only frustraiting aspect to what is supposed to be a wonderful cruise. Well, next to the chair hogs that I will have to battle with all week since they decided to designate an entire area for "suite" guests. Yes, I like to be by the pool.

It's May 10...... believe me.....

Babies - just as I have told you - you have to go up to the dining room and reconfirm.

As your sailing is on May 10 itself then I would not personally trust the computer to have done what ever it has to do by the time you board.

The seapass cards are printed before the sail date so they are bound to be wrong anyway.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

It's May 10...... believe me.....

Babies - just as I have told you - you have to go up to the dining room and reconfirm.

As your sailing is on May 10 itself then I would not personally trust the computer to have done what ever it has to do by the time you board.

The seapass cards are printed before the sail date so they are bound to be wrong anyway.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Yeah I know, found that out this morning after I finally spoke with someone that knew what he was talking about. No use pursuing this anymore, I'll just have to go with the masses and resign again. Oh well. But I was told not to go to the dining room, I was told to go to Guest Relations on deck 4. Which is the deck we board on.

Yeah I know, found that out this morning after I finally spoke with someone that knew what he was talking about. No use pursuing this anymore, I'll just have to go with the masses and resign again. Oh well. But I was told not to go to the dining room, I was told to go to Guest Relations on deck 4. Which is the deck we board on.

You can go to Guest Relations, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if they don't redirect you to the Dining Room to make or reconfirm your reservation. I'm not sure if the dining room reservation system is even tied into the computer system for the rest of the ship, so I would make certain that the dining room system has your MTD reservation.:)

Okay. I wish that I had not read this thread. Now I'm more confused than ever. I hate to call RCCI because from what I've read, different answers are given by different people. I called a couple of weeks ago and they said, "Yes, you have been confirmed for MTD". Now, I am not sure.

It seems that the consensus of opinions here is:

1. Look at your Seapass card when you board.

2. If the card does not say MTD, go to Guest Relations desk.

Or should we go to deck 5 MDR???

3. Remain calm. Don't run in your flip flops as you might trip.

4. Don't let this "hiccup" spoil your cruise.

Did I leave anything out?

Okay. I wish that I had not read this thread. Now I'm more confused than ever. I hate to call RCCI because from what I've read, different answers are given by different people. I called a couple of weeks ago and they said, "Yes, you have been confirmed for MTD". Now, I am not sure.

Yes.....

5. Call at least 4 RCCL reps with your MTD reservation question & get 4 different answers. Choose the one you like best.:rolleyes:

Nope LOL! Seems that nobody at RCCL will give the same answer. I called once and was told I was confirmed for MTD and all I had to do was show up for dinner. Then I call a week later and was told I was given wrong information and that I would have to go to a desk near GR where they will have MTD set up. Now I'm told that information may be wrong and that I should also go to the dining room. Whatever, I'm sure it will be straightened out once onboard but I did not want to start the cruise this way. I'm still going to call one week prior to our cruise date 5/10 as they said that their system "may" be up and running.

Nope LOL! Seems that nobody at RCCL will give the same answer. I called once and was told I was confirmed for MTD and all I had to do was show up for dinner. Then I call a week later and was told I was given wrong information and that I would have to go to a desk near GR where they will have MTD set up. Now I'm told that information may be wrong and that I should also go to the dining room. Whatever, I'm sure it will be straightened out once onboard but I did not want to start the cruise this way. I'm still going to call one week prior to our cruise date 5/10 as they said that their system "may" be up and running.

Suggestion: I would call several times next week and see if you get several different answers. LOL!!! I plan on going to the MDR once on board to re-register, no matter what I'm told. You know, one of the things that upsets me the most --they went ahead and charged me the prepaid gratuities. I feel that if their computer system could accept and charge my acct., they should be able to put my MTD reservation into the system. Am I right? I'm not a computer guru, but that seems to make sense to me. But what do I know???

Boy, I just read all these messages. I'm the OP and honestly, the amount of time that I spent in the MDR was so minimal, it wasn't a big deal. On our cruise in August IF our Seapass doesn't have MTD on it, then I plan on checking in just as we did on the Mariner.

BTW, as a native Californian, I've always called 'em 'flip flops'. My mom would buy those cheap 39 cent plastic things every summer. Remember how the plastic piece in the middle would come out? If you were running fast and that happened, well down ya went!:eek:

Boy, I just read all these messages. I'm the OP and honestly, the amount of time that I spent in the MDR was so minimal, it wasn't a big deal. On our cruise in August IF our Seapass doesn't have MTD on it, then I plan on checking in just as we did on the Mariner.

BTW, as a native Californian, I've always called 'em 'flip flops'. My mom would buy those cheap 39 cent plastic things every summer. Remember how the plastic piece in the middle would come out? If you were running fast and that happened, well down ya went!:eek:

Sheesh! Flip flops or thongs, same thing. Go to your nicer department stores and you will see they sell "thongs" and very nice ones at that too.

Archived