Taxi from CPH airport to Freeport terminal

so4

Can anyone tell me how much is the taxi fare from the airport to Freeport where Emerald Princess dock? We are a party of 4 with 1 suitcase and 3 cabin bags, will we be able to fit in one taxi or two?

Can anyone tell me how much is the taxi fare from the airport to Freeport where Emerald Princess dock? We are a party of 4 with 1 suitcase and 3 cabin bags, will we be able to fit in one taxi or two?

Around DKK 200-250. Almost all taxis accept credit cards, but you have to state that you pay with CC at the beginning of the trip, and there is a fee for paying with CC. You should fit in one taxi, as all taxis are certified for 4 persons (3 in the back and one in the front passenger seat), a few taxis are minivans with room for more persons. Most taxis are Mercedes Sedans, and you might have difficulty having all of your luggage in the trunk of a sedan. If you think this is the case, try to get hold of a station wagon at the airport. It's not difficult, since around one in four taxis are station wagons, most are also Mercedes. There is no problem letting people in the taxi line at the airport jumping the line while you wait for a station wagon to come up.

Thanks Chrismol for your information.

I wonder if we could reserve a mini van taxi ahead of time for pick up at CPH airport? Or can we arrange for a mini van taxi with the airport taxi dispatcher?

Would appreciate if anyone who have used similar services provide advice.

I think the easiest would be to join the taxi line at CPH airport and take a station wagon taxi. It is theoretically possible to book a minivan taxi at the airport, but if you book it before departure from abroad, you wouldn't know exactly when you arrive, and the meter will be running from the time you order the taxi to arrive. If you book it on arrival, you would have to wait maybe 20 minutes for it to arrive. The taxi line in CPH is usually short. Furthermore, these minivans usually don't have a lot of luggage space, they just have 9 seats and a small luggage compartment.

chrismo1,

Would this also be true on the other end, that around one out of four at the pier to go to the airport would be stationwagons? We are a family of 5 and I like to have everything figured out ahead of time. Right now I was planning on either taking 2 seperate taxis or prearranging a taxi.

Thanks for the info!

My impression is that approx 1 out of four regular taxis in Copenhagen are station wagons, the rest are sedans and a small number, maybe 1 in 10, are minivans. Both sedan and station wagon taxis hold 4 passengers. They are not allowed to take more passengers than that. If you are 5, either take two taxis or prebook a minivan taxi. All taxi companies have minivans in their fleet, but just not so many. You can reserve a taxi by taxamotor or taxa 4x35: http://www.taxamotor.dk http://www.taxa4x35.dk

Archived