Suggestions for St. Barts on Valentine's Day

rbm

We'll be on the Feb/2010 Navigator cruise through the eastern carib. We'll be in port @ St. Barts on valentine's day and am wondering if anyone has any suggestions for a memorable experience.

Thanks. Ron

If we are lucky enough to have a day in St. Barts, we take a taxi to St. Jean, a small town with a lovely beach. We make a reservation to eat at the Sand Bar restaurant before we leave for our cruise. The Sand Bar, part of the Eden Rock Hotel, is right on the beach with a gorgeous view. It is beautiful and the most relaxing day. (Check out thier website.) After lunch you can hang on the beach if you like. St. Jean also has nice shops, with Paris prices.

When we take the taxi to St. Jean, we usually arrange for a pick up later, but if it is not busy you do not need to do that. The ride from Gustavia is only about 15 minutes and pretty as you go up over a small mountain. We once rented a car and drove around the entire island, but the roads are narrow and scary. We would not do that again as we like to be relaxed.

The town where the tenders take you, Gustavia, gets very hot in the afternoon, so it is best to wander around the town in the morning before going to St. Jean.

Enjoy!

First of all, I have to say that at this point St. Barts is my favorite place on earth... this may change in august when we go on the PG ;) but it is simply gorgeous!!!

We were lucky enough to go to St. Bart a few years ago and there is just not a bad choice on the entire island! Gustavia is very hot, great shopping but hot hot hot with little wind movement. In my opinion, your best bet is to go to the windward side of the island and just choose a spot. there is a little pizza place that hands down offers THE best pizza outside of Italy- it's very well known, but for the life of me I can't remember the name! Also, there are 2 restaurants at the Guanahani (where we stayed), both of which are wonderful as well. I'm sure others will be able to give you specific places, but honestly- almost anywhere is going to be great-

Have a great time!!!

Archived