Questions about Oasis class

We’ve got a cruise booked for later this year but after having a look at some of the features of the new Oasis class ships we’re considering postponing our trip until around May 2011. We’re trying for a baby and this raises lots of questions! (Let me just say that baby comes first... the cruise can always be rescheduled!)

Sorry if these have been asked before but I did a search and couldn’t find the answers I was looking for...

1) I believe a child is charged at the full 3rd person rate, is this right? Do they get any food supplied for them or is that up to me to provide (or purchase through their pre-cruise service)?

2) The nursery area on Oasis – Any idea of the hours of operation? Costs involved? I’ve read that there are workshops for the 6-18 month age groups that parents have to attend which sound great! Is there an extra cost for them? We want to spend a lot of time together as a new family but I’m sure they’ll be things on board that we’d prefer to do ourselves... fly wire, solarium pool, etc.

3) So many dining choices! I’m presuming that the main dining room, the Windjammer and the Cafe Promenade are all still free for food and there’ll be some speciality cafes and restaurants that have a cover charge (or a charge per item like Ben and Jerry’s). Does anyone have a list that shows which are free and which have extra charges?

4) Rooms - someone posted a link to the PDF Oasis brochure which has some great deck plans and room layout information. We think we’d like one of the Family Stateroom with Balcony (FB) rooms but after looking at the deck plans we can only find 5 on deck 11 and 2 on deck 7. Is this right? There are only 7 on the whole ship? I also noticed that the Junior Suite (JS) has a real bath... but what’s that extra room in the corner? Just a big cupboard? We like the FB for the extra bedroom but the bath is enticing!!

5) We booked this cruise while on our last cruise so we have some OBC for our next cruise. Would it be worthwhile to try and transfer our current booking (including our OBC and deposit) to a TA to get a better deal when we eventually decide to book with the Oasis/Allure?

Any help you could give us would be greatly appreciated! :)

Yes the child will be charged full third person rate.

The 6-18 month programe is free. You attend with the little one and play together. There is babysitting available in room but book early as possible in the cruise as fthis will book up. It was $10.00/per in room.

As for the nursery on board hours and if cost or not unknown at moments as this is new for RCCL.

Windjammer, Sorrentos, Cafe Promenade (except specialty coffees) , Main Dinig Room are free. There may be others too. We don't have a list just yet.

Family Room like H/C are few and far between. That is quiet a lot considering that RC wants to make money.

Yes you can but ensure that the booking number dose n ot change or you lose your OBC. (it is attached to that booking number). I am not a TA so check before you leap.

Archived