Looking at Fascination.....need details

We are looking at doing our first Carnival Cruise with our kids(ages 17, 15, 15, 14) in July. Was wondering what the pros and cons are of the Fascination Ship.

What specifically are your concerns? I just came off her in March and thought she was in great shape. We booked a suite with out 10 and 5 yo DS and had a great time. She won't go into dry dock until the early 2010 I think, when they will put in the adult serenity area and replace the top pool with the water works. What ports are you considering - we did KW (loved it - there is tons to do!) and Nassau (not enough time in port to make Atlantis worthwhile but it does have a couple of nice beaches - Cable and Cabbage or go to Blackbeards for stingrays). If you can get the one with HMC as a stop, I hear that is a fantastic stop - it is CCL privately owned island.

We will be on her this Saturday....going to Nassau and HMC....Really looking forward to HMC as I've heard so many great things about it....I'll post a review when we get back.

Take good care of her, we sail on her two weeks from your sail date. I look forward to your review. :p

Take good care of her, we sail on her two weeks from your sail date. I look forward to your review. :p

....and you as well take care of her because we sail on her a week after you :D. Look forward to any and all reviews and pictures would be nice too!!

Happy sailing!!!

We've been on the Fascination twice. Loved her both times. Smaller ship, so it is easy to get to everything. Not sure which ports you are going to, but Key West is a lot of fun, Half Moon Cay is gorgeous, and we thought Nassau was fun. Your kids will love the 24 hour pizza and ice cream they have on the ship, I know I did. Have fun!!!!

Happycruiser1942, I notice you live in Ohio, what part? We are in the Akron area. We are cruising July 6-10 with our daughters, 22, 14 and 12. If you are planning on cruising that time, please come join our roll call. There is actually a very good thread with a review and pictures by FloridaCruisinNewbie(something like that).

Archived