Halloween

DieHard

Has anyone been on HAL during Halloween. Do people wear costumes as I can't remember. I will be on the Maasdam and Halloween falls on a sea day which more then likely will be a formal night. I could dress as Dracula

which would cover both Halloween and formal night.

We were on the Maasdam for Halloween in 2007. Yes, people dressed up, us included. They had a fun party and costume contest in the Crow's Nest. We brought "costumes" that didn't take much space!

Halloween did fall on a formal night, so they changed formal to the next evening. The ship was decorated and it was really fun.

Cheers, Denise

We were on the Westerdam halloween 2007, and they also dressed in costumes. There were quite a few people dressed in costumes. We didn't. I have enough luggage with just the regular clothes! Some of the outfits were really cute! The ship was decorated for halloween too!

We did on our last cruise, and had a blast!

DH went as Dracula. We didn't have to bring much, and it was well worth it. We bought a cape, gloves, make-up, and the crest with the red-ribbon, and that was all we had to bring.

I dressed up as a cheerleader. I brought my daughters old cheerleading skirt, dance pants and sweater, then used a white tee-shirt (worn again) and sock & sneakers. Also bought a blond wig. Took tissue paper with me (flat) and made pom-poms on a sea day.

We also decorated our cabin door.

Took all this with us from San Diego to Fort Lauderdale, and it wasn't much of a problem.

The party in the crows nest was a blast. I hope you consider taking a costume.

I'd show you pictures, but I'm at the wrong computer.

Have a great time!

AC

I have cruised several Halloweens. I dress as a "tourist", with camera, binoculars, shopping bags with packages and in a weird combination of clothes. Each item of clothing was something I wore on the cruise, just in weird combinations. (Like a print shirt, advertising tee and a different print overshirt.) Won't win any prizes, but it gets me into the spirit, is easy to assemble, does not take any extra space and folks like it.

We were on the Maasdam in 2005 over halloween. There wa a costume contest and a party, it was pretty fun. I went as Galadriel (reusing my wedding dress) and my husband went as Aragorn (from Lord of the Rings). We did, however, drive to the port :)

That said, one thing I remember about the cruise was that the halloween decorations were rotten. Literally. The Lido was decked out in jack-o-lanterns and such, but they looked like they were carved before we left Norfolk 5 day earlier. We were in code red for the first week of the 10-day cruise, so perhaps they were carved in Norfolk

Archived