Help with tour in Jamaica

Isasprings

Hi! please I need help to decide with tour to take in jamaica I'm so scare

but we want to have fun we are a group of 10 adults here are the tours

names.(we want to go dunns river and highlights)

Phil Lafayette,Trevor Hudlin,Island marketing,Ionie Mcbean,Orville Taylor

Mark morris.............thank you:)

My girl friend and I had a great time on our first cruise in Jan 09. We used Mark Morris

Mark met us at the pier and took us and 2 other couples to Dunns River Falls and River Tubing. We really enjoyed Dunns River Falls. The climb up the falls was not difficult at all and was a great experience. We had a water proof digital camera, however your tour guide at the falls will take your non-waterproof camera and take pictures of you while you are climbing up the falls. They also offered to take our camera at some spots as well.

Mark then took us through Ocho Rios giving us an overview of the living conditions and history of the area. We then went River Tubing. This was cool. We stopped half way and again they had a market where you could buy different things, they also had been taking pictures while we were floating down the river. The pictures were $5.00 each…we chose not to buy any however one of the couples with us bought one, and found out at the end they could buy all of them on a disc for $10.

Mark then took us, upon request to his father’s pottery shop. Very nice items, we bought a coffee mug and matching cup for $20.After that Marke dropped my gf and I off at a small shopping area and took the other 2 couples back to the ship. He came back for us 30 min later.

We would definitly use Mark again if we return to Ocho Rios.

If you want information on tours in Jamaica, Mark Morris is the way to go!

We had a group of 12 and he was simply the best! His bus was Air conditioned, clean and he gave us a day to remember. We started at a stop at a local grocery store to buy 'liquor' as we like to have a good time, and then we were off! Lazy (not so lazy) river ride where we passed everyone from the cruise ships! We were treated like royalty the entire time and our guides in the river were second to none! We went to the falls, where again, we were in line and up the falls! We toured the area and even stopped at a local hand made pottery shop! (A must see!!).

Mark gave us time to shop and told us which places to go! We have been to Jamaica four times and this by far was the best time EVER! He goes the extra miles to make it special for everyone and he won't rest until he knows everyone is having a good time!

I can provide more information if you'd like, however I don't check this very often, so e-mail me at kjshortbus@netzero.com.

Please, do not miss an opportunity to use Mark and get him before someone else does!! DO NOT FEAR this island! Just be careful and get a guide like Mark!

WE also read all the posts regarding who to use. In the end, we choose Mark Morris and were so glad we did. He treated us like we were old friends and we felt like friends by time we had to say good-bye.

When we got off the boat, we asked one of the people there directing everyone how to find Mark Morris. (he gave us excellent directions on what to do)It seems that everyone knows Mark and I can see why. His reputation is first rate. We were told to go wait in a certain area. My first thought was "Oh, I wonder how long we will be sitting here?" But, no problem. Within only a couple of minutes, there was Mark - friendly, helpful and happy to see us. He brought this large van even though there was only four of us. (again, I thought "So who else do we have to pick up and how much time will that take?") Again, my thoughts were unfounded. What a wonderful surprise - all that room just for us.

What I liked the best about Mark was his flexibility. There was no pre-determined tour - we could go wherever we wanted and stay as long as we liked. Since we had already been to Dunn Falls, we wanted to explore the island - we ended up doing river raft floating, going to a different falls, touring some magnificent gardens, wandering the streets a bit and he took us for a bite to eat at a typical Jamican place where we sat outside eating and watching people.

All the while, Mark told us about the history, culture, schools, problems, government, etc. We felt like we really got a true feel of Jamaica. At no time did we feel unsafe, rushed, concerned or wanting for anything. (BTW, he is very easy to understand. His English is excellent.)

I am so glad we chose Mark - I would call him again if and when we return. There was no focus on money and if/when others tried to sell us things, he always told us not to feel like we had to buy. In fact, he went out of his way to be sure we were comfortable in every way.

If you have any more questions, please let me know.

WE also read all the posts regarding who to use. In the end, we choose Mark Morris and were so glad we did. He treated us like we were old friends and we felt like friends by time we had to say good-bye.

When we got off the boat, we asked one of the people there directing everyone how to find Mark Morris. (he gave us excellent directions on what to do)It seems that everyone knows Mark and I can see why. His reputation is first rate. We were told to go wait in a certain area. My first thought was "Oh, I wonder how long we will be sitting here?" But, no problem. Within only a couple of minutes, there was Mark - friendly, helpful and happy to see us. He brought this large van even though there was only four of us. (again, I thought "So who else do we have to pick up and how much time will that take?") Again, my thoughts were unfounded. What a wonderful surprise - all that room just for us.

What I liked the best about Mark was his flexibility. There was no pre-determined tour - we could go wherever we wanted and stay as long as we liked. Since we had already been to Dunn Falls, we wanted to explore the island - we ended up doing river raft floating, going to a different falls, touring some magnificent gardens, wandering the streets a bit and he took us for a bite to eat at a typical Jamican place where we sat outside eating and watching people.

All the while, Mark told us about the history, culture, schools, problems, government, etc. We felt like we really got a true feel of Jamaica. At no time did we feel unsafe, rushed, concerned or wanting for anything. (BTW, he is very easy to understand. His English is excellent.)

I am so glad we chose Mark - I would call him again if and when we return. There was no focus on money and if/when others tried to sell us things, he always told us not to feel like we had to buy. In fact, he went out of his way to be sure we were comfortable in every way.

If you have any more questions, please let me know.

Thank you for nice review we choose Mark to Dunns falls and ocho rios highlight and lunch.did he take you to "SCOTCHIES" please tell me about the food and prices it is clean.thank you

I believe that was the name of the place. We did not want a sit down meal or anything fancy. He took us to a place to eat what Jamacians typically eat. It reminded me of a Subway. You stand in line, order what you want and go to the end of the counter and pick it up. We sat outside and watched people and ate our "pies" My husband went to buy a beer and because he did not have Mark handle it, was way overcharged. Be sure you ask Mark for help when purchasing. We wanted to buy Blue Mountain Coffee and he took us to the best place to buy it for the best price. He helped us in any and every way we wanted.

You have made a good choice and you are in great hands. Enjoy! There is nothing to worry about.

Just got back from my cruise and I was extremely satisfied with Phil Lafayette. I already plan to go back and book the same tour with him. I booked through his website - the Dunns River Falls and River tubing. What a wonderful day it was!!!! When we got to the pier I someone was nice enough to ask who we were looking for and pointed us towards Phil's daughter. She then took us to Phil who then took us to his nice air conditioned van/shuttle. He was such a great tour guide. he kept things so much fun and was very knowledgeable about everything ($20 pp is Phil's fee). The Falls were so beautiful and a blast to climb ($15 pp). I'm ready to do it again! The guides were awesome and very helpful. After the Falls he took us for lunch at a nice little place called Scotchies. It was only $6 per person and we had Jerk Pork, Jerk Chicken, Festival bread and 1 drink each. It was yummy! Phil actually took our drink orders, went to get our food and drinks and served us. We then went to do the River tubing and that was so much fun ($20 pp). The guides were great and so nice. Jamaica is a beautiful place and everyone is so nice. This was hands down the best day of cruising, the best excursions I've had yet and the best tour guide!

Archived