A/V Inputs on Fantasy Class Ship TVs?

Rowan555

We'll be on the Fantasy in 2 days and I'm considering bringing my ipod with a few movies for the kids to watch. I'm wondering if the new lcd tv's have inputs you can get to (I think they do) and if so, can you switch the input via tv or remote so that you can use your ipod, dvd player, etc. Forgive what is probably a repeat question, but my search is not working, and we just didn't think to check the tv's on our last few cruises!

• 1 month later...

Searching this same thing and came across your post. Any help? I have an Ipod and a portable DVD Player I would like to bring. Are connections available and do I need to bring and special cables? We are in a Cat 11 Cabin on the Fantasy sailing June 27th.

Thanks

Darren

We'll be on the Fantasy in 2 days and I'm considering bringing my ipod with a few movies for the kids to watch. I'm wondering if the new lcd tv's have inputs you can get to (I think they do) and if so, can you switch the input via tv or remote so that you can use your ipod, dvd player, etc. Forgive what is probably a repeat question, but my search is not working, and we just didn't think to check the tv's on our last few cruises!

Yep! There is!!

This is a picture from beneath the TV in my cabin on the Fantasy:

IMG_2812.jpg

You can change inputs from the remote.

i may be wrong but i was considering bringing the cords for my Ipod and the BF wanted to bring his game system i remember on one thread they said something about it not working, and a red screen for all the tvs in the same row as your cabin if anything was hooked up to the tvs :eek:..... i could of miss read but thats what i got.:o

maybe it was just that ship... idk...

We were able to hook our ipod up to the tv and watch movies with no trouble at all - the tv's swivel around for easy access to the inputs, and there's an input button on the remote to switch over to the right input selection. No problem at all!

i may be wrong but i was considering bringing the cords for my Ipod and the BF wanted to bring his game system i remember on one thread they said something about it not working, and a red screen for all the tvs in the same row as your cabin if anything was hooked up to the tvs :eek:..... i could of miss read but thats what i got.:o

maybe it was just that ship... idk...

I am not the sharpest knife in the drawer but I do know that the TVs don't transmit anything downstream, I.E., back through the coaxial cable that brings the signal into your cabin.

A red screen can be caused by the component inputs being improperly connected... the same is true of a green screen.

:)

My nephew had a difficult time hooking up our portable DVD player to the back of the TV set on the Inspiration. Luckily, I had a purse mirror with so he could look behind the TV. Our TV did not swivel outward. The DVD inputs were not in the very far back of the TV. They were on the left side (not easily gotten to however) and I think he said there was a cover over them. However, once he hooked them up, the DVD player worked fine. We had a six prong electrical outlet which everyone should take with as there is only the one electrical outlet. But we did find that the cord from the six pronger was very short and made it difficult to plug the DVD player into it and still be able to reach to that one electrical outlet on the wall. Either bring another electrical extension cord along or buy a six prong electrical outlet with a long cord (if there is such a thing!)

Archived