$100.00 OBC when placing deposit for new cruise?????

cruisecap

Yup you certainly can although it seems not all TA's are familiar with the certificate and some refuse to take it at which point I would report them to NCL myself.

You can also use it to book direct with NCL and then transfer the booking to the TA of your choice to get any goodies the TA may offer.

and of course the certificate covers your entire deposit no matter how many in the Cabin. unless it is a courtyard or garden suite.

If you place a deposit of $250.00 for another cruise while on board, can you use a TA when use decide which cruise you want to take????

Thanks

Terri

I just got an email from NCL about this today. Do they usually send them out to those cruising with them in the near future?

I just got an email from NCL about this today. Do they usually send them out to those cruising with them in the near future?

Yes... it's a great marketing tool.

And... it's a great deal if you know you will be traveling with NCL again :)

This info was also in the "Welcome Aboard" book, that I received today!

Remember you have 30 months in which to use the certificate after you purchase it. or it becomes void. Used to be you had to book in 12 mo. and take cruise withing 30 mo. then they made it 24 and finally now because of the economy you have to book and take it in 30 months.

Remember you have 30 months in which to use the certificate after you purchase it. or it becomes void. Used to be you had to book in 12 mo. and take cruise withing 30 mo. then they made it 24 and finally now because of the economy you have to book and take it in 30 months.

Another thing people sometimes fail to notice is that these cruise rewards certificates are completely transferable, and make excellent gifts...:)

Do they actually give you a certificate to take home with you? So you can then mail it to any TA of your choice?

Thanks

Terri

Sort of... you get an official receipt, which you can then show or send to your travel agent.. Basically the travel agent has to have the NCL booking department research the cruise rewards certificate at the time of booking to apply it as your deposit.

Brick and mortar travel agents tend to handle this better than big online travel agents in my experience. Of course there are no issues at all booking direct with NCL in this case...

Brick and mortar travel agents tend to handle this better than big online travel agents in my experience.:confused: Of course there are no issues at all booking direct with NCL in this case...

I've had no problem using three of them with the online company with the "Best Price".

Sort of... you get an official receipt, which you can then show or send to your travel agent.. Basically the travel agent has to have the NCL booking department research the cruise rewards certificate at the time of booking to apply it as your deposit.

Brick and mortar travel agents tend to handle this better than big online travel agents in my experience. Of course there are no issues at all booking direct with NCL in this case...

Funny my experience has been just the opposite, the B&M TA's don't seem to know what it is, the big online agencies I use, I use two different ones, both knew and simply called NCL and had them applied when I booked.

They are listed under your Latitudes number with NCL by the way. you don't need the paper at all.

We purchased two cruise rewards on our cruise last May and its not looking good for us to be able to use them now. Is there a "secondary market" for these? Ebay? Or will my first post be my last (i.e. is this a taboo subject?)?

Guest kwaichang

Sometimes, sometimes, if you write to the cruise line headquarters public relations office they'll extend them. I did this once yrs ago, hopefully you'll have the same good fortune.

Funny my experience has been just the opposite, the B&M TA's don't seem to know what it is, the big online agencies I use, I use two different ones, both knew and simply called NCL and had them applied when I booked.

They are listed under your Latitudes number with NCL by the way. you don't need the paper at all.

Same here. My online TA knew exactly how to handle it and it was seamless.

We purchased two cruise rewards on our cruise last May and its not looking good for us to be able to use them now. Is there a "secondary market" for these? Ebay? Or will my first post be my last (i.e. is this a taboo subject?)?

Interesting question. They would have to be transferable and since they recorded by Latitudes number, I am guessing they are not. But I am just guessing, so I'll be interested to see if anyone knows how that would work.

But you still have plenty more time to book and even more to cruise so I hope it works out for you!! Welcome to CC!!

Bought 2 on our last cruise in November 08.

Got $200 in obc immediately and some other discounts to use on board.

Each of us could have bought 4 if we wanted.

The $250 equals the entire depost for 2 for a cabin of your choice on a future sailing.

January 09, called my TA at the big internet cruise site. (One of the Best)

Picked our cabins, told her that we had purchased 2 cruise rewards on our last cruise. She booked the ressie, NCL applied the deposit.

Very simple.

Now with 30 months to use the deposits, it is a no brainer if you intend to sail NCL again.

Great program...but then again so was the compass rewards program.

Someone mentioned a while back, that they bought into cruise rewards, got the OBC and was able to apply the $250 to a cruise they had booked previously and already paid the deposit on.

Anyone else have experience with this or might it just have been a fluke?

You have 30 months to use the rewards from the date you purchased them last May. They are transferable to any Latitude member. I don't think you can transfer them to anyone that has not sailed on NCL and doesn't have a Lat. number. I personally transferred two of the three we purchased last Oct to two of my adult sons for our next cruise in May. I just called the Latitude Desk and she handled it and let me know which reward number went to which Latitude account. She then just asked me to wait until the next day to make sure the system caught up before we tried to use them. I made all three reservations the following day with no problem.

So if you find you cannot use them by Nov 2010 you should be able to sell them to anyone with a Latitude Account. (I'd check here first before I would try e-bay.) You will need their Latitude Account number before you can transfer them.

Tks for that info. I had no idea. Off the top of my head, I thought it was 18 mos. to book and 30 mos. to cruise.

When did they change it to 30 for both? That might help a lot of people in this economy.

Tks for that info. I had no idea. Off the top of my head' date=' I thought it was 18 mos. to book and 30 mos. to cruise.

When did they change it to 30 for both? That might help a lot of people in this economy.[/quote']

It went up to 24 months around last December, and more recently to 30 months.

It doesn't cost NCL ANYTHING to hold onto your money longer ... it's a win-win scenario :) Happy customers, and future bookings :)

You have 30 months to use the rewards from the date you purchased them last May. They are transferable to any Latitude member. I don't think you can transfer them to anyone that has not sailed on NCL and doesn't have a Lat. number. I personally transferred two of the three we purchased last Oct to two of my adult sons for our next cruise in May. I just called the Latitude Desk and she handled it and let me know which reward number went to which Latitude account. She then just asked me to wait until the next day to make sure the system caught up before we tried to use them. I made all three reservations the following day with no problem.

So if you find you cannot use them by Nov 2010 you should be able to sell them to anyone with a Latitude Account. (I'd check here first before I would try e-bay.) You will need their Latitude Account number before you can transfer them.

Great to know!! Thank you.

Surprised somebody has not already asked, but it is one certificate per cabin.

Otherwise I would buy 15 of them and get $1,500 back and have $3,750 applied to next cruise.

Just book 15 cruises & you're set!

Surprised somebody has not already asked, but it is one certificate per cabin.

Otherwise I would buy 15 of them and get $1,500 back and have $3,750 applied to next cruise.

Actually, I believe the limit is up to 4 cruise rewards certificates per cabin ...

Now each "certifcate" must be applied to a different cruise, and it's only for the DEPOSIT... Basically you're purchasing a $250 deposit for $150 (net after they add the $100 OBC to the cruise you purchase it on). The big savings is that the $250 deposit is much less than the normal deposit you would be expected to pay. So if you are certain that your onboard expenses will be more than $100 anyway, it is very advantageous, and you will not have to lay out as much cash up front when booking. Of course your final payment is larger as a result.

BTW, just received notice that my parents (who purchased a cruise reward certificate in December aboard the Dawn) have transferred their certificate to ME... so looks like I'm gonna be in the market for another future cruise:)

Archived