Royal Caribbean vs. Norwegian Cruise Line

I haven't sailed anything but RCCL. But my son who is only 21 and RCCL Diamond (yes, he earned them all with us) just returned from NCL. He was with some college friends on Spring Break. One of the first things he said when he got home was...NCL is not nearly as nice as RCCL. I asked why. He said, oh I don't know...the food wasn't as good, the ship wasn't as nice, etc...just different and not in a good way. When a 21 year old on Spring Break notices it, that speaks volumes to me.

I went on the Norwegian Dawn last summer and I will prefer RCCL over NCL over any day. The food, service, and activities were much better on RCCL, as well as the ships. The only thing that I thought was good towards NCL was the itinerary that cruise was doing, which was the main reason we had done NCL in the first place last summer.

I was just on the NCL Pearl last week and have been on several RCCL. Im fine with either, any cruise is fun!

NCLs ships do not have the wow factor, but they are alot more colorfull then any RCCL ship on the inside, look at some of the pictures of the Pearls atrium! Freestyle cruising offers more options, which is more like a land resort vacation (NCL is trying to do this).

Royal has the wow factor, BIG SHIPs! And has more personalized service. On RCCL, you get to know your dining staff and room attendant. I think this is what "service" people thing is better. I think both have an equal quality of service, but RCCL is deffinatly more personalized

In my opinion, for the value, NCL has an excelent product, but if both cruises are the same price, I prefer the style of expirience offered by Royal

I dont think anyone can compare two cruiselines for you. It all depends what your looking for! Though a cruise is a cruise, only YOUR thoughts of the cruiseline make it "better"

Archived