Speakers in Owners Suite

We will have three people in a owners suite this summer. Does anyone know if you can shut off the speakers in the living area where the couch is? I noticed last time they can be alot louder in that area than the bed area. Thanks so much for your help.

Thank you! I will try that. Maybe ours just did not work on the last cruise I was on. We are sailing on the Serenade with our daughter and I know she will not appreciate listening for as long as my husband watches TV at night.

We were just in an OS on IOS and yes you can turn the speaker off and you get nothing....actually the only thing the speaker was for was music.....even if it was on through an announcement it wouldn't come through in the room....always only music.

Thank you! I will try that. Maybe ours just did not work on the last cruise I was on. We are sailing on the Serenade with our daughter and I know she will not appreciate listening for as long as my husband watches TV at night.

Maybe it's different on that ship as it seems you are referring to the speaker for the TV. On IOS the speakers to the TV were located on the TV console itself not in the ceiling....it all depended as to which way you turned the TV as it's one TV that rotates to serve either the bedroom or living room......pretty sure it's that way on all freedom class ships....have no idea about the others.

Thank you for all the help. On the Voyager it was speakers on the ceiling, boise (I think) by the couch and I could not find anyway to shut them off . I was just wondering if the Serenade was the same way. I was just wondering if I could have the sound come from the TV itself. Thank you all again!!

I did not check on our last cruise on the Voyager, but check the stereo console in the cabinet underneath the TV. Most of the time there are buttons A and B or something to that effect you can turn on and off which activate the speakers. At any rate, if you can turn them off, this would be the source.

Archived