Soto's was Great!!

Stacy No E

Thank you Zydeococruiser and Jacqi,

your info and tips are great. We were in Playa del Carmen in January '04, and we did snorkeling in Gran Cenotes (absolutely breathtakeing). There was a guy with a camera, and made a tape for $35.00, but it was only 30 min long, and since the whole group was being videotaped, my boys were only for few very brief seconds. I was not super happy, but I guess it was better than no tape at all. Thank you again, Dorota.

Hey ya Bill (Zydeococruiser)!! I am in total agreement with your reply..and just a hint to others. Peruse dsclark other posts. Seems he gets treated bad no matter where he goes. Continental Airlines were mean to him, AA in Chicago was mean to him, His waiter, Jose, was slow with his food, and let's not forget he had to wait 10 minutes to get a glass of water.Some father dared ask his son what food he wanted for breakfast and that made dsclark have to wait in line to get his breakfast.

We get the picture here, don't we? Maybe he is a "Jean Police ****" in disguise as a cruiser!

Bill (Zydeococruiser) was one of the famous 24 cc'ers on our tour in Nov. 2004. Soto's treated us great!

"Peruse dsclark other posts. Seems he gets treated bad no matter where he goes. Continental Airlines were mean to him"

Really? I have never flown Continental. Can you tell me where I said that, or are you just lying?

"AA in Chicago was mean to him,"

Fourteen hours 'til cruise time, AA sent my daughters luggage to Chicago. Do you consider this a good thing? Do you?

" His waiter, Jose, was slow with his food, and let's not forget he had to wait 10 minutes to get a glass of water."

Sorry, but even the lowliest of restraunts can get patrons a glass of water and are capable of having a waiter show up to a table within 25 minutes.

"Some father dared ask his son what food he wanted for breakfast and that made dsclark have to wait in line to get his breakfast."

You sound as inconsiderate as that man. When you have a long line behinmd you, it is inconsiderate to hold up the line trying play cutesy pie with their child. A parent should know what to get their child and slop it on the plate accordingly.

"We get the picture here, don't we? Maybe he is a "Jean Police ****" in disguise as a cruiser!

Bill (Zydeococruiser) was one of the famous 24 cc'ers on our tour in Nov. 2004. Soto's treated us great!

"

Sorry, but I am not some unobjective, intoxicated pollyanna who is happy to be away from their ditch digging job. I could care less if you say "Soto's treated us great!" You have not given anything to support that. On the other hand, I have given specifics. Now, I guess you would be happy if the three hour tour you paid for was only an hour long. In fact, if your tour was reduced to watching a video tape of sting rays, you'd probably still be happy, adding that you didn't get seasick from it!

CC is supposed to a be forum to exchange information. You have offered none, other than to try to flame for merely posting information that is in conflict with your own opinions. If you love soto's, fine, book with them again. However, there are people out there who have never been to GC and they should know thatall tours are NOT the same Soto's CAN give a tour for less than they promise.

Excuse me on the Continental Airlines..Your post was about Western Air.

"My worst airline experience was with the former Western Air, flying out of Hawaii. I looked up and I saw 4 people staring down at me saying I was in their seat. We were all assigned the same seat on a full flight. As they say, posession is 9/ths of the law..."

"Sorry, but I am not some unobjective, intoxicated pollyanna who is happy to be away from their ditch digging job."

As for be a ditch digger...I would hardly call a Registered Nurse a ditch digger. But I was happy to be away from my job. But a ditch digger has a right to a vacation too.

As for your comment

"You sound as inconsiderate as that man. When you have a long line behinmd you, it is inconsiderate to hold up the line trying play cutesy pie with their child. A parent should know what to get their child and slop it on the plate accordingly."

I have reared 5 wonderful, well mannered children, who are now considerate adults. I never slopped food on their plate..

Just what grade do you teach? I pray not elementary children.

Maybe since you are in such a hurry for your meals, you might want to pack snacks to munch on while you are in line.

As for my comments on Soto's. I posted a great review after my cruise.

Life is way too short to be in such a hurry.

Life is too short to waste any more time replying to dsclark posts. I think ignoring them is the best policy. Stop feeding him the attention and special treament he thinks he is entitled to. Perhaps some day he will seek professional help.

For any interested in truth, about half of Soto's tour is for transportation time to the various sites. About 20-30 minutes at each site is normal. The 3 hours is maximum tour time. Good to know if you are planning other activities like catching a tender or another tour. How long it takes to get out and back depends on a number of factors including weather and sea conditions. If conditions cooperate, you get back early.

Like Izzy, I also posted (as a number of others) how great Soto's is.

All of this is moot now that the new year is upon us. Soto's has changed the tour and pricing. More on that in a new thread.

You're right Zydecocruiser, life is too short to "waste time replying to dsclarks posts." ;) Though, it is very hard for me to see him trash Soto's when they're a VERY GOOD tour company. Those who don't know better will believe his posts and miss out on a good time in GC. I think that's why so many of us have replied to his posts, talking about what a good time we had with Soto's. We want people to hear the other side to the story.

It's too bad that dsclark gets so defensive and angry when someone talks about what a good time they had with Soto's. You can't say one good thing about Soto's without him coming back and trashing them.:rolleyes: Oh well, life goes on. I'm not going to lose sleep over it. All of the rave reviews of Soto's here at CC speaks for itself. No one with even half a brain is going to listen to the ravings of the one and only person who seems to dislike Soto's. Nuff said!:)

Archived