Category 7A-Obstructed Balcony Question

martyap

I'm planning a Carnival Pride cruise for 6 adults and 4 children in 3 separate cabins. Originally I thought I'd book the Riviera deck Ocean View but we figured the extra space on balcony cabins would be nice......Any thoughts on the lifeboat obstructed view balconies category 7A? It would only be $600 more than the OV to "upgrade." How stupid is it starring at a lifeboat for 7 days?

The cost to upgrade further to an 8C/D balcony would add an additional $1000 for the group over the 7A. Should I just go for the extra $$$.

We recently sailed the Splendor in an OV on the Riviera deck but unlike the Pride it was not directly below the Promenade deck. I was worried it would be too noisy for the kids at night.:confused:

Thanks,

Karen

Karen -

I booked the Obstructed Balconey on the Pride and from what I understand you can look out but not down. The top of the lifeboat comes to the bottom of the balconey, except for the 1st 3 towards the front of the ship. Those are taller.

T

I had an obstructed balcony on the Miracle. Wonderful cabin. Looking down, there was a lifeboat. Looking out, there was the ocean. Lifeboat came up to the floor of the balcony. Go with the aft cabins. Forward lifeboats are the tall ones with the "doghouses" on top that can be used for tendering.

We had an obstructed view on the Legend. I didn't mind at all. We had the end of one boat and the front of another in the way. But we could still see the water, the sunsets and sunrises, etc. Honestly, looking "straight down" at the water isn't all that exciting to me. We did spend some time after dinner looking straight down off the back of the ship. The real views are the sunsets, sunrises and ports as you're arriving early in the morning. So the obstruction didn't bother me a bit.

We had an obstructed view on the Legend. I didn't mind at all. We had the end of one boat and the front of another in the way. But we could still see the water, the sunsets and sunrises, etc. Honestly, looking "straight down" at the water isn't all that exciting to me. We did spend some time after dinner looking straight down off the back of the ship. The real views are the sunsets, sunrises and ports as you're arriving early in the morning. So the obstruction didn't bother me a bit.

thanx for this post, we have a 7a booked on the miracle in sept, looking forward to it

Archived