Any benefit in taking Carnival transfer FLL > POM?

J2K66

Is there any benefit to booking transfers from Carnival instead of SAS or some other service? The Carnival transfers are $60 p/p round trip.

We're flying into FLL on the day of departure (5/2/09), and land at 12:11pm. Then we're leaving on 5/9/09 but our flight isn't until 4:00pm, so I'm not too worried about getting back to FLL, as we should have plenty of time.

With the Carnival shuttle, do you still have to gather your bags and stand in line to board the ship? or do they take your bags and put you through an "express" line for boarding?

Thanks in advance for any info.

Specific questions re Carnival boarding can be asked on the Carnival board.

While never cruising Carnival and only using cruiseline transfers our first time cruising (when we depended on the TA to arrange) ..what I remember with RCL is... yes you still have to wait in line (if any) before boarding to do all the paperwork. You don't get a special entrance. Everyone has their bags taken at the port entrance to the ship so that isn't any different. If I am wrong with Carnival's procedure, someone will let us know. But what you should know.....

Generally you will save money by arranging transfers on your own. More importantly it will go much faster and you'll be on the ship earlier. Remember the shuttle bus has to load and unload after waiting for many passengers to be gathered up from their flights.

I know I have read what the SAS company currently charges here. Use the Forum Search and I'm sure you'll find it.

Have a great cruise!

Archived