Cruising solo in 2010

PaulaB2

I have been thinking of doing a cruise for my next years holiday. Can anyone give me some pointers for cruising solo I am used to holidaying alone so that is not a problem but do you go for freedom dining or second sitting? Does p & o make you comfortable or are you made to feel out of place? The cruise I am thinking of is the p & o cruise r010 USA and Canada.

I have been thinking of doing a cruise for my next years holiday. Can anyone give me some pointers for cruising solo I am used to holidaying alone so that is not a problem but do you go for freedom dining or second sitting? Does p & o make you comfortable or are you made to feel out of place? The cruise I am thinking of is the p & o cruise r010 USA and Canada.

Welcome to Cruisecritic!! This is a wonderful website,esp for assisting solo cruisers in making a cruise a wonderful experience!

I love how you Brits call vacations "holidays" :)!!

I prefer the later seating as a solo for two reasons. One is after a day in port,I like to return to the ship and wind down and relax before dinner. Also, I noticed that most solo cruisers like the late seating because of the fewer numbers of families.

I'm sorry about not having any info about P&O cruises, your best bet is going to the P & O board. As with any cruiseline on this website,you have the regulars that post daily.

Also check out to see if there's a roll call for your sailing. If there's not one,start one!! You will often chat with people on the same sailing and gain new friends.

Also head to the port of call boards for info on things to do.

Report back to us to know how things go!!

Happy sailing!!

Archived