Anyone been to Hull Bay ?

Losman

Hey everybody. Im going to be in St. Thomas for a day in early May. I want to check out Meg's Bay, but because I am a surfer, I'm also interested in Hull Bay (one bay to the North). Waves or no waves, I would still like to check it out. Has anyone been there ? Any info on the place would be great. Can you swim there, is there a place to just rent a lounge and chill ? Can a taxi get me there ? Thanks much!

There is a watersports place at Hull Bay and they rent surf boards. They don't mention it on their website but you could email and ask: http://www.nightsnorkel.com/. The beach is popular with residents that live on the Northside, some of them keep their small boats anchored there. The beach has pretty good snorkeling and swimming is fine too, keep to the right side more as there are usually less boats there. The shore is mostly sandy with some small pebbles on the far right and left. Natural shade under the seagrapes and other trees. There is a beach bar closeby, just right behind the beach/road, called Hull Bay Hideaway they have food/drink and pool tables, horseshoes and other games. Here is their website: http://www.hullbayhideaway.com/. Both the beach and beach bar are sort of off the beaten path for visitors so usually there aren't taxis waiting around. You can get a taxi to take you there, you'd want to either arrange for them to come back at the set time. Or you can have the folks at the watersports booth or restaurant call a taxi for you, just don't wait until the last minute to do that since the taxi needs to come from where-ever its at to get you and if there isn't one in the immediate area on call you will have to wait a little bit. I don't think the watersports booth has chairs for rent. It is a chill beach - spread your towel and sit down. The beach is usually sparsely populated on week days, you might see a few folks heading out on their boat fishing or doing some work on their boat. PS: The 'surfing season' is roughly November through March.

--Islander

Archived