New to Carnival

MikeT718

My DW and I have the Glory booked for May 30 this year. We love HAL and were wondering what we can expect from The Glory..I know she is a much bigger ship then we are used to..I think what I am looking for is people who have sailed both to let us know what we are in for...

Thanks in advance

We recently took our first HAL cruise, after 2 Carnival, 2 NCL and 7 Princess. Both Carnival cruises were on the Glory (soon to be 3x). I think they are quite different. HAL was a more relaxing, quieter cruise (less announcements, less activities, a little bit older crowd than we've come across on 7 day Caribbean cruises).

Carnival will likely be a more "active" crowd. They have a lot more activities (maybe because of more venues?). It seemed on HAL that at any given time, there were only a few things to choose from.

The service was good, staff very friendly for the most part (but the service on HAL was better than any we've ever experienced on the other lines!). The food was ok. We dine in the Lido often and didn't mind it. The deli has great sandwiches! Self serve ice cream is nice.

The entertainment, well, to put it nicely, left much to be desired. The passenger talent was better than the crew last time we were on it! However, that can change week to week. The thing I don't like about the Glory is that there are many venues located so close together that when someone opens the door to come in, you can hear the others. I find it distracting.

As for the ship itself...they're always cleaning, and it usually looks pretty good. The decor is another story. Some people love it...I think it's ugly. But, most people probably aren't cruising for the decor, so it's not that big of a deal.

Overall, it's not too bad. We are going back a 3rd time next week. It's not my first choice of ships, but the port is close to home, so that has it's advantages. I will be glad to see the Dream come here so I can have another option close to home.

Go with an open mind and have a great time!!! :)

Archived