Looking for Info on Overboard Pax on NCL Sky

MrPete

Maybe I missed this part but how did they fond out there was a man overboard? Cameras? Was someone with him? Did someone see him go over?

It was reported that his gf and brother seen him go overboard.. He was drunk went towards the rail never stopped.. Sad day for the family and gf.. How hard could it of been to watch your brother go overboard and know theres nothing you can do..

My wife and I were on the Sky. Sometime prior to 4:00 am the Captain stated there was a "Code OSCAR".

About 4:15 am the Captain announced to all passengers "we have an overboard situation" and requested that we watch for the person in the water.

Many passengers were scattered on all deck levels watching the waves in an effort to help.

Searchlights from the ship scanned the waters for hours. The Captain explained that the ship was in a zig-zag pattern to account for the winds and currents in an attempt to search and rescue.

The Sky spent nine hours searching to no avail., at which time the Coast Guard advised that they would continue with the search since the Sky had done everything possible.

I spotted other ships in the area that night, the Pearl in particular, joining in the search...as well as the coast guard helicopter.

Bottom line...the Captain and crew meticulously did all they could to find this passenger. The Captain kept all up-to-date as to the ongoing procedures.

The mood on the ship was very solemn and prayers were said for this person, his friends and his family.

My wife and I saw first hand the actions of a dedicated and compassionate crew.

So unfortunate that the outcome was not positive.

While this is an extremely sad situation for all those involved, as you said, it speaks volumes about NCL when they have someone overboard or missing. Kudos to all who were involved with the search for the missing man. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends.

this thread was picked up from exactly 3 years ago to the day.

I didn't even notice the dates. Why would EX NCL even rehash this 3 years later? Had enough to live through in live time, let alone people bringing it up

Archived