Massages / Beach

conny&tony

We were in Progresso on April 13th. We began the journey by shopping a little at the port and then again once we go into town. Then we all (14 together) decided to walk to the beach. My step daughter & I was approached by a lady to get a massage. $20 bucks for 45 minutes or $30 bucks for both a 45 minute massage. We said okay, but we needed to go to the restroom first. This lady was very nice, she walked us across the street and to the restroom and waited on us. She was very nice. We went then to get the massages. Needless to say this was the best $30 spent on the WHOLE cruise trip. We were in heaven. After that, we all walked down the beach to Buddy's ( I had read on here that it was a good place to eat). We thought we were goint to sit on the beach and have a peaceful day. WRONG, this was the only bad part of our day. You were approached every five minutes by someone to buy something. They would not leave you alone. We did order lunch from Buddy's. They delivered it to you on the beach. It was very good. I had the fish & chips, others had the cheeseburgers and quesidillas. After we ate, we decided to go back to the boat. It was HOT! Overall, Progresso is a nice place, I didn't see the "dirty town" that others have commented on. But I will say that if we go there again, we will take a tour. We didn't like the people bothering you to buy something every five minutes.

Archived