Best time to arrive at Port of New Orleans...

Most people seem to want to eat lunch on the ship -- I guess the idea is that it is already paid for. However, that is not a very good idea. The lines are always the longest between the earliest allowed embarkation time and about 1:30. If you have a choice, eat in town and board between 2:00 and 2:30.

I am one of those who gets so very excited I would rather wait in a cruise terminal than wait to board later. Probably doesn't make much sense to anybody else tho! I usually get to the terminal by 10:30 and end up waiting anywhere from 45 minutes to 2 hours. I really liked the Fantasy.

Enjoy your cruise!!

Been there at 11Am and 3PM for check-in. I agree with 66, the later the better (within reason). It's nice to be on board early, once you wait. It was about two hours when we went early, 15 minutes at 3pm. Consider dropping your bags early at the curb, lunch near the port then check-in.

One mans opinion,

Ry

Thanks everyone for sharing your experiences and opinions with me...very helpful!

We will be sharing a ride with my brother and his wife, so , I will bring up these points and together we will decide what everyone is comfortable with.

Anyone else, please feel free to share your opinion as well. Only 6 more days!!!

Bridgette :)

Archived