2010 Bookings!

tom_uk

Let's talk about the bookings we're all making this week ;) for 2010. I'll start the ball rolling.

We're booked on Ventura, May 22nd, for a 14-night Wesern Med cruise; and we have the same Deck C cabin (C325) as we had last autumn. Whoopee! :o

We are a couple in our 50's. We went on our first cruise, 30th anniversary gift to ourselves, in the fall of 2008 on the Queen Victoria and are now planning our second for 2010. The Arcadia is the ship of interest as it was to have been the QV originally and will be similiar enough to become familiar with quickly. Cunard's style appealed to us, however P&O has trips of a shorter duration in areas we are interested in visiting. My question has most likely been asked before. Is P&O a suitable alternative to Cunard? While it is the selection of cruises that has caught our interest, it was Cunard's old fashioned, not stuffy, atmosphere that we enjoyed. Any and all opinions are a help. Rollie in New Scotland

Hi Tom,

How far into 2010 can you book at present? I was looking at say Sept / Oct 2010

Berwyn

You need to have a look at the P&O 2010 Preview brochure, which contains details of cruises through to the end of 2010 for all the ships, and to the end of March 2011 for those ships not doing world cruises/voyages. Most of the on-line TAs have the full details, as do P&O themselves.

The Preview Brochure was published a couple of weeks ago, and bookings opened this week.

We are a couple in our 50's. We went on our first cruise, 30th anniversary gift to ourselves, in the fall of 2008 on the Queen Victoria and are now planning our second for 2010. The Arcadia is the ship of interest as it was to have been the QV originally and will be similiar enough to become familiar with quickly. Cunard's style appealed to us, however P&O has trips of a shorter duration in areas we are interested in visiting. My question has most likely been asked before. Is P&O a suitable alternative to Cunard? While it is the selection of cruises that has caught our interest, it was Cunard's old fashioned, not stuffy, atmosphere that we enjoyed. Any and all opinions are a help. Rollie in New Scotland

I would say that they are quite similar only that P&O tends to be mainly Brits and the currency is £'s.

The cruises you are looking at all start in Southampton.

:):)Happy Cruising:):)

:cool:

Dai

Not more arguments, N/B do you always have to be so negative. If you don't agree with Dai you could consider not posting anything, or if you insist on posting please elaborate your views. Lets get rid of these glib one liners they do you no favours at all.

Not more arguments, N/B do you always have to be so negative. If you don't agree with Dai you could consider not posting anything, or if you insist on posting please elaborate your views. Lets get rid of these glib one liners they do you no favours at all.

You've done Stopgo and Fastforward. How about 'Mute'?:D

Sir Martin:cool:

And another one: we've booked the September 17th mini-cruise on Arcadia, just to try the ship. We've even got one of the stern balconies! I gather, though, that since the stern rebuild they may not be as good as they used to be. Still, it'll be interesting.

We're going to stop now - we have three booked cruises to look forward to.

StopGob/Fastforward, whatever your name is, why do you think that Mary should not express her opinion just because it differs to another poster.

When did you become a forum administrator?

I do find your posts very strange.

:mad:

StopGob/Fastforward, whatever your name is, why do you think that Mary should not express her opinion just because it differs to another poster.

When did you become a forum administrator?

I do find your posts very strange.

:mad:

The Norfolk Brits don't like P/O they have expressed that opinion many times. Everybody is aware of that so one as to ask why they keep posting on the P/O boards.

The Norfolk Brits don't like P/O they have expressed that opinion many times. Everybody is aware of that so one as to ask why they keep posting on the P/O boards.

I have no objection to P&O. Just didn't like certain aspects of Arcadia, and know for a fact that I would not like Ventura, but I have certainly not ruled out travelling with them again on a couple of their ships. And no, I have no intention of spending about £4,000 to find that out for myself, even if our new moderator tells me that I have to try something before I am permitted an opinion.

Having said that, I aways knew I would prefer not to commit homicide, but am now prepared to acknowledge your argument that you have to try something before condemning it...

Sir Martin

StopGob/Fastforward

Thank you Gerry. I see that our little friend is now replying to posts addressed to Stopgo(b)/Fastforward...:D

Guilty as charged (the giveaway: only poster in the history of the planet who consistently can't spell 'has'.

Sir Martin

I have no objection to P&O. Just didn't like certain aspects of Arcadia, and know for a fact that I would not like Ventura, but I have certainly not ruled out travelling with them again on a couple of their ships. And no, I have no intention of spending about £4,000 to find that out for myself, even if our new moderator tells me that I have to try something before I am permitted an opinion.

Having said that, I aways knew I would prefer not to commit homicide, but am now prepared to acknowledge your argument that you have to try something before condemning it...

Sir Martin

Thanks for clearing that up Martin, its nice to read more than one sentence from you. I hope this means that you won't be so negative in the future regarding P/O, ofcourse its up to you. I try to be more positive but hey its your choice.

Thank you Gerry. I see that our little friend is now replying to posts addressed to Stopgo(b)/Fastforward...:D

Guilty as charged (the giveaway: only poster in the history of the planet who consistently can't spell 'has'.

Sir Martin

Indeed Sir Martin, trolls can be quite entertaining when you know how to play them!

Cheers

Gerry

:D

We have booked ventura june 2010 7 nights iberia on c deck cabin c702 i think it is near the back .I love flying i just hope i love cruising as much.Reading some revews you would never do it again but we have to go with an open mind.

You have to remember than a lot of people come off of Ventura having had the time of their lives. I hope you are in this group!

Cheers

Gerry

I am sure we will its like looking forward to our first holiday again even if it is over twelve months away,we still like to see what other people say.We are an easy going couple so we like to see things for ourselves and it seems she had a few teething problems but have amended them.val

Can anyone tell me if you have to have a special cruise insurance or just any travel one .Thanks:rolleyes:

Double check when you take out your insurance that you are covered for medivac from a ship, and that the total amount covered under the cancellation part is sufficient - some have an insufficient limit for longer cruises, or expensive cabins. Tell your insurer you are going on a cruise, and go through the policy carefully when it arrives. This can be a lifetime's work...

Mary

Archived