Best things to do with teens in Aruba?

katjef

There are many things you can do in Aruba.

I would start your research with perhaps a jeep tour such as

http://www.abc-aruba.com/

Perhaps they would enjoy a day at the beach. Palm Beach has every watersport you can think of. They could also take windsurfing or kiteboarding lessons.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/tags.php?tag=aruba+palm+beach

Our kids (10,13) really enjoyed the Jolly Pirates tour. We booked it directly through the website and had a good time. Snorkeling is good (ranges from kind of tough to pretty easy), the rope swing is fun, the lunch is decent, and the attitude on the boat is appropriately easy-going and fun. It was a nice tour that was capped off by some additional time spent hanging out on chairs, under some trees, at Moomba beach.

There were approximately 45 people on the tour and approximately 15 of those were kids ranging in age from 7-18.

• 2 weeks later...

We recently stopped in Aruba and went on the BEST excursion ever (and we've done plenty!!). Look up arubaoffroad.com---we did a thing called tomcars. They are vehicles similar to dune buggies which hold 2 people. I can't tell you how much fun we had!! Stopped at baby beach, caves, then onto lunch. We were picked up directly at the pier. You get to see the rugged side of the island which is beautiful and so much fun. I think you need to be 21 to drive (?)--check with them. By the way, the tomcars are run on batteries and are automatic. Both my husband and I took turns driving. If we ever make it back to Aruba with my girls, I would definetly do this again!!

Thanks -sounds fun! How much beach time did you get? I couuld not find a contact email on their website to ask questions.

We did the morning trip. Beach time at Baby Beach was short...maybe a 1/2 hr. The lunch was very good also. You'd probably have time for the beach afterwards if you're in port a long time. Look up tomcars/aruba on youtube.com for a better look of what you'll be doing. This really sold me on this excursion!!

Archived