balcony saving or onboard credit if booking on ship

newlu

Hi,

I am only a platinum, do I still get the discount for a balcony, if not, am I better off to book on the ship for a future cruise to get onboard credit? And if I want to book for 3 cabins, if 2 are balconies and 1 inside, is the onboard credit the same for 1 inside?

Thanks

newlu

Hi,

I am only a platinum, do I still get the discount for a balcony, if not, am I better off to book on the ship for a future cruise to get onboard credit? And if I want to book for 3 cabins, if 2 are balconies and 1 inside, is the onboard credit the same for 1 inside?

Thanks

newlu

The OBC for booking onboard is the same regardless of cabin type, it only varies by length of cruise.

The platinum discount for balconies is still given, but can´t be combined, so you would have to see what amount is higher. If the amount is the same I´d always take the discount rather than an OBC, as the discount is money I don´t have to pay, while OBC needs to be spent on something.

Thanks,

Now, would I be able to book 2 cabins when on a cruise for my sisters, and get them onboard credit? They are not platinum. I think my discount for a balcony as a platinum is better than onboard credit. Would have to check. Just want to get the best deal for 3 couples.

newlu

Based on what we found when we booked a cruise on the Radiance last month, you don't need to book for them (and I don't think that would work, anyway). When we booked, we got two certificates (I think they were called Friends or Family) that we could give to anyone else. If they booked the same cruise within 30 days, they got an OBC. We didn't have anyone to give them to so I threw them away and don't remember if it was the same OBC as if they had booked on board. Be sure to ask the Loyalty Ambassador as we booked two cruises and got the certificates for only one.

Thanks,

Now, would I be able to book 2 cabins when on a cruise for my sisters, and get them onboard credit? They are not platinum. I think my discount for a balcony as a platinum is better than onboard credit. Would have to check. Just want to get the best deal for 3 couples.

newlu

Hi,

I have not done that in the past so I will only make a suggestion.

There are two ways that you may book / reserve cruises while on board.

One would be an actual sailing that you do know and that would be the future sailing / cruise ..... that would require the necessary deposit ( depending on the lenght of cruise)

I am not sure if 3 cabins can be booked ( 2 - you could for sure ..... if there are two of 'you' sailing)

the other way is the Next Cruise, the NC does not have a specific date, only requires 100 dol deposit ( if only one name is listed and the other TBD) and you get two certificates for friends and family that will get the same OBC as 'you' if they book within 30 days from your actual booking of whatever cruise you decide on. This way there is not much money that you have to 'part with'.

That was offered on my last cruise last year.

If I am wrong , please someone will correct me.

Wes

Wes,

You are correct and booking two cabins single occupancy would probably get the Platinum discount on both (assuming both people are Platinums). But the NC can't be combined with the discount so I see no advantage in booking anything for them unless cabin selection is important and booking two singles in the names of the two passengers on board and then changing them to doubles with totally different people could be difficult. That would have to be discussed with the Loyalty Ambassador to see if it was possible.

If the OP doesn't know what cruise they want, I don't think anything will work since the F&F certificates have to be booked on the same cruise as that booked on board. The simplest approach, in my opinion, is to decide what they want before they board, book one cabin on board for the Platinum discount, get the F&F certs and have the sisters book the same cruise within 30 days. One cabin gets the discount and the other two get the OBC.

Archived