Rhapsody President's Week - Hot Deal - What's Up

So I'm still toying with the idea of holding off on paying my 4 day Monarch final payment in case we can go on a 7 day cruise during President's Week after all. I was concerned most sailings will be full or very expensive this week since the Monday is a holiday and many kids are on school break. So, I wanted to book something if we can only get away for the 4 day.

I thought I'd see what availabilty looked like that week and did some checking today and found the Rhapsody is a Hot Deal that week. Good prices. And, many ships seem to have plenty of availability this week though more expensive.

Can anyone venture a guess as to why the Rhapsody is a good price for that week? My Monarch final payment is due by 12/23 but we are headed out of town on 12/14 so need to pay before then. I know for sure we can go on the Monarch 4 day in feb but really want a 7 day - we won't know for sure if we can go on a 7 day until late January. I don't want to risk making a payment for a 7 day and then having to cancel.

What would you do? Just decide to go on the Monarch anyway as a 4 day cruise is better than no cruise? Or should I take my chances and cancel the Monarch with the hopes I can do a 7 day once I know for sure. Worse case is I can't do a 7 day, the Monarch is full (it is getting there) when I know for sure what I can do, and I'll have to do the Paradise instead (it still has a lot of availability to I'll stick my neck out and say it probably will have availability when I know what I can do for sure).

Very popular ship.

My guess.

Presidents week is not a Texas Holiday...( we are our own republic remember :D )

Seriously most school do not have presidents week off..My guess they are appealing to those in other parts of the Country,as Rhapsody normally sells close to 90% Texans...this may be a slow week here...

Ah - that does make sense that it's a Hot Deal for that week since normally so many Texans sail this ship and the kids are in school President's week. My son has that week off for winter break and then a spring break in mid April. But, I want to get away when the weather is really miserable here in the Northwest so Febraury is the best time. Well, not to mention December as well so am headed out to the Bahamas and Caribbean in 10 short days.

I can't purchase for Feb yet, not until I know whether or not his team will make it to the state soccer finals as that can occur one of those weekends in which case we'll end up on the 4 day Monarch out of LA (maybe if there's room left on this sailing) This we won't know until mid to late January but based on what I'm hearing here, I suspect there will still be room on the Rhapsody if we decide the 7 day will work for us.

The suspense is killing me - I like to have all of our plans buttoned up several months in advance and waiting til 4 or so weeks before we go on vacation to know exactly where and when we can go is frustrating!

Archived