Hotel recommendations for one day post cruise

Addictedtocruising

Hi, I'm looking for suggestions on where to stay 1 day post cruise in September 2009 that is out of the way of the hustle and bustle.

When I get off the ship I would like to grab a taxi or rent a car and get out of dodge :D

Our flight home is not until 2:40 pm on the next Monday, would you suggest we stay close to the airport or maybe half way?

I would need a hotel that is at least within walking distance to a restaurant and maybe a liquor store since we may be using a taxi to get there.

Or better yet is there a convenient way to get a shuttle to a rental car when I get off the ship and then drop it off at the airport the next day?

We will be doing our sightseeing 2 days pre-cruise so that is not needed.

Any help is appreciated

Donna

• 2 weeks later...
Hi, I'm looking for suggestions on where to stay 1 day post cruise in September 2009 that is out of the way of the hustle and bustle.

When I get off the ship I would like to grab a taxi or rent a car and get out of dodge :D

Our flight home is not until 2:40 pm on the next Monday, would you suggest we stay close to the airport or maybe half way?

I would need a hotel that is at least within walking distance to a restaurant and maybe a liquor store since we may be using a taxi to get there.

Or better yet is there a convenient way to get a shuttle to a rental car when I get off the ship and then drop it off at the airport the next day?

We will be doing our sightseeing 2 days pre-cruise so that is not needed.

Any help is appreciated

Donna

For sure the Condado Plaza Hotel. Just take a cab after you disembark and then cab it to SJU when you leave. It is in the Condado district, which is very nice and not far from the pier. Recently totally remodeled and very reasonably priced. They have a great pool area w/a swim up bar. Check it out on line. We stayed there in '07 during the remodel and it was nice then. Staying there again in a few weeks post cruise. Enjoy!

Archived