Speakeasy Recipe?

Cruz35

We've been home from the Dawn over two weeks now :( - which means two weeks without a Speakeasy Martini :eek:! Anyone have the recipe for this fabulous drink from Cagney's? Would you share? THANKS!!!

Here's one recipe for a Speakeasy Martini:

SPEAKEASY “MARTINI” (1928)

2 oz bathtub gin*

1 oz inexpensive domestic dry vermouth

* Bathtub gin: mix 2 (750ml) bottles Everclear (that is grain alcohol) with 1.5 liters distilled water and add juniper syrup to taste

2 oz bathtub gin*

* Bathtub gin: mix 2 (750ml) bottles Everclear (that is grain alcohol) with 1.5 liters distilled water and add juniper syrup to taste

Holy Smokes! No thank you!

2 oz bathtub gin*

all this made while sitting in the bathtub, right? where Kramer is next to you making his salad and using the garbage disposal installed in the drain?

all this made while sitting in the bathtub, right? where Kramer is next to you making his salad and using the garbage disposal installed in the drain?

LOL. I am repulsed and yet I cannot look away. :eek:

oh i wasn't suggesting you to visualize ME making the bathtub gin. for pete's sake...i'm not even visualizing me!

I was actually visualizing Kramer, but if I have a choice... how about Daniel Craig? ;)

Anyone come up with the good version of this recipe yet?!?!?

I was actually visualizing Kramer, but if I have a choice... how about Daniel Craig? ;)

Anyone come up with the good version of this recipe yet?!?!?

well lah di dah! why not hugh jackman while we're at it...SHEESH. :D

LOL! Like a bad train wreck!

Since I have no idea what any of you look like, the vision is just not pretty...but damn funny!

LOL. I was actually attempting to quote the Seinfeld show. Do you recall the episode where the old couple bought a portrait an artist had done of Kramer. The old woman said something to that effect. My mom had a t-shirt with the portrait and the quote, "I am repulsed and yet I cannot look away." Or something to that effect. But I am enjoying Hugh and Daniel in my mind much more! No offense to Zone, AT ALL. lol

Oh please let those be olives!:(

Sweetie, all my martinis have longans. :rolleyes:

I jest, but they ARE good. http://www.nibbledish.com/people/jojoyuki/recipes/vodka-longan I found this recipe online, but we put them in pear martinis and any tropical martinis - yum!

Longan - Also known as "Dragon's Eye", it is a small, round fruit native to southeast Asia; similar to the litchi with a subtler sweet flavor. Longans have a pink, red or yellow skin covering soft white pulp surrounding a large black seed. They can be peeled and eaten as a snack, or used in Asian dishes and desserts. Fresh longans are sometimes available in Asian markets in July and August and will keep refrigerated in a plastic bag for up to three weeks. Dried and canned longans are available throughout the year

I jest, but they ARE good. http://www.nibbledish.com/people/jojoyuki/recipes/vodka-longan I found this recipe online, but we put them in pear martinis and any tropical martinis - yum!

Longan - Also known as "Dragon's Eye", it is a small, round fruit native to southeast Asia; similar to the litchi with a subtler sweet flavor. Longans have a pink, red or yellow skin covering soft white pulp surrounding a large black seed. They can be peeled and eaten as a snack, or used in Asian dishes and desserts. Fresh longans are sometimes available in Asian markets in July and August and will keep refrigerated in a plastic bag for up to three weeks. Dried and canned longans are available throughout the year

if you like longans try a lychee martini. the lychee liquor goes by the brand SOHO. mix with vodka and garnish with...yes...a lychee! wait...i think that IS a longan isn't it? hehehehe

i will not have a pic of me in a bathtub with gin. was just gonna post a pic of me and my DW from the dawn prof photo gallery...hehehehe.

Longan - Also known as "Dragon's Eye", it is a small, round fruit native to southeast Asia; similar to the litchi with a subtler sweet flavor.

MMMMM looks yummy.

I had Litchi soup (i think they spelled it Lychee) , I want to say on the Spirit a couple years back. It was really good. I could go for some now. To bad I don't have the recipe for the Dawn Speakeasy martini to go with it. And Coka isn't getting back on line until she gets home. We could have asked her for it.

Hey, I'm going next weekend! Let me see what I come up with.

Sandy

if you like longans try a lychee martini. the lychee liquor goes by the brand SOHO. mix with vodka and garnish with...yes...a lychee! wait...i think that IS a longan isn't it? hehehehe

i will not have a pic of me in a bathtub with gin. was just gonna post a pic of me and my DW from the dawn prof photo gallery...hehehehe.

MMMMM looks yummy.

I had Litchi soup (i think they spelled it Lychee) , I want to say on the Spirit a couple years back. It was really good. I could go for some now. To bad I don't have the recipe for the Dawn Speakeasy martini to go with it. And Coka isn't getting back on line until she gets home. We could have asked her for it.

Hey, I'm going next weekend! Let me see what I come up with.

Sandy

I've had a lychee martini at an Asian restaurant, but not sure if they used that liquor. I'll have to look for it.

We'll take any pick, but tubs are preferred.

Never had the soup. First had longans at an Asian restaurant in an Asian Pear Martini. The most devastating and delicious martini I have ever had, or should I say 3 of the most devastating and delicious martinis I have ever had. I don't usually drink to embarrassing levels, but that night was an exception. They took me for a loop! We had to go back a week or so later for more and asked what the garnish was and learned about longans. Very nice addition to our homemade cocktails. Oh, and of course, they make for great double entendre!!

Have a great time next weekend! And good luck finding the recipe - that would be great. I hope I am at least on the 1 nighter, still waiting to see.

Archived