blowdryers on the spirit?

kdesantis

I read that you cant use blowdryers on the sprit. is this true? what if you just get an adapter? has anyone just returned that can answer this? thanks!

There is a hairdryer already in every cabin's bathroom. Most report that hairdryer performance is very poor.

If you are packing your own hairdryer, make sure it is a dual voltage hairdryer, switch it to 220 Volts and use a plug adapter plugged into the 220 Volt receptacle.

If you don't have a dual voltage hairdryer, buy one; they aren't that expensive.

You'll only ruin your 110 Volt hairdryer if you plug it into a 220 Volt receptacle.

If you plug your 110 Volt hairdryer into the 110 Volt receptacle, I would give 50-50 odds that you'll trip a circuit breaker.

We just got off the Spirit a week ago. Two years ago I did not have a problem with my hair dryer(my own)..........but this trip I could not use it. I was unable to get a converter and my hair dryer tripped the circuit. There is one of those ridiculous hair dryers in the bathroom.....it gets hot but doesnt have any " blowing" power. It also has to be directed at your head in a funny way that takes practice. I used that dryer to partially dry my hair then the flat iron to finish it. I would have liked to use my own......the reception desk didnt really seem to care that we did not have a working plug in our room for a couple of days.

Good Luck!

I plugged my hair dryer directly into the wall with no problem. (There was a plug right next to the desk.) There was a sign that said no hair dryers, but after seeing the one that's provided, I thought it was worth a try.

I have very thick hair...in fact my stylist tells me it is like having two heads of hair--very thick and coarse. Anyway, I really had no problems with the hairdryer in our Spirit cabin. It dried my hair in about the same amount of time as my dryer at home, and seemed to work just fine! After various things I had read about the dryers, I was worried about how it would work, but it was okay!

-Joanne

• 3 weeks later...
Based on the no Hair Dryer unless using a dual watt and an adapter, can anyone share if they plugged in chargers such as phones and ipods? If so do they require an adapter? Do not want to ruin 2 Ipods!!:(

Thanks

the other things, you list, are low power...they will be fine plugged in to the regular outlet. we had an outlet strip with 2 chargers (2 sets of camera batteries) and a laptop plugged in most of the time..no problems. it's just the high power/draw of the hair dryers.

As joteacher said the dryer in the cabin does work OK, I also have thick hair, it may have taken a couple of minutes longer than my "jet engine" hair dryer but it worked. Not worth blowing a fuse and waiting to have electricity for camera, ipod, etc.

Archived